The ZEISS Group had a very successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2016/17 (ended 31 March) and saw its revenue rise by 10 percent to EUR 2.550 billion (1st half of 2015/16: EUR 2.322 billion). At EUR 384 million, the earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) were significantly ... more
Carl Zeiss opens new customer office in South Korea
Carl Zeiss Semiconductor Metrology Systems (SMS) Division has opened an office in the Bundang province of South Korea. The new location south of Seoul enables Carl Zeiss SMS to provide optimized customer service with faster delivery of spare parts and on-site activities.
"We are significantly improving our customer orientation thanks to the new office in Bundang. With shorter roadways, we are better able to serve. Our employees also benefit from the state-of-the-art office equipment," says BK Kang, Carl Zeiss SMS Division Manager South Korea.
The new office provides an environment for knowledge sharing among the Carl Zeiss teams, and spare part storage is integrated to ensure faster response times. The Bundang office is located near the sites of the main semiconductor customers, which enables Carl Zeiss SMS to be more responsive to customer requirements.
- Carl Zeiss
A new agreement between the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and ZEISS has named the Core Facilities at IGB as an official ZEISS labs@location Partner. The model facility will allow researchers from around the U.S. to test-d ... more
The patent protects a special aphakic intraocular lens (IOL), with which light can be focused on three focal points (near, intermediate and distance vision). The patented trifocal lens reduces the impact of pupil shrinkage and lens eccentricity. VSY Biotechnology BV and its exclusive suppli ... more
- 1House-warming of the new Elementar headquarters
- 2Mystery of colloidal chains solved
- 3Insight into enzyme's 3-D structure could cut biofuel costs
- 4Sensors detect disease markers in breath
- 5X-rays from copper source set new gold standard for measuring industrial materials
- 6A key to metastasis
- 7The stickiness of molecules
- 8Memory insight may prove beneficial for those with brain damage
- House-warming of the new Elementar headquarters
- Recognized for Excellence in China: Analytik Jena Fares Well at a Trade Conf ...
- Bruker acquires light sheet microscopy company Luxendo
- DKSH extends partnership with LAUDA to Singapore and Taiwan
- PerkinElmer completes sale of medical imaging business to Varex Imaging
- Fabrication of active-matrix 3-D pressure sensors
- Detecting early onset of metastatic disease using FAST disc
- New insights into the forms of metal-organic frameworks
- Explaining how 2-D materials break at the atomic level
- Researchers develop a control algorithm for more accurate lab-on-a-chip devices