Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 4Live broadcast from inside the nerve cell
- 5Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 6Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 7MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 8Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 9Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- 10SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation