Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
05-12-2011: Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
- 1The shadow of a disease
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Bibby Scientific Ltd acquires PCRmax Ltd
- 4LGC rebrands reference standards
- 5A Breakthrough in Electron Microscopy
- 6Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich to Enhance Position in Attractive Life Science Industry
- 7VWR International, LLC Signs Agreement to Acquire Peqlab Biotechnologie GmbH
- 8Gilson announces the acquisition of Armen
- 9Perten Instruments and Newport Scientific announce distribution agreement for the Nordic countries
- 10LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe
- New sequencing reveals genetic history of tomatoes
- New blood test determines whether you have or are likely to get cancer
- Yale University and Leica Microsystems Partner to Establish Microscopy Center of Excellence
- Graphene imperfections key to creating hypersensitive 'electronic nose'
- Large study reveals new genetic variants that raise risk for prostate cancer