Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
05-Dec-2011: Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Damaged DNA amplified
- 3Merck Obtains US Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich
- 4Emerson acquires Cascade Technologies Ltd.
- 5Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- 6Measurable for the first time: How bio molecules react to lack of space
- 7Making the most of a shitty situation
- 8Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 9The Waters ionKey/MS Technology Named a Top Innovation for 2014
- 10Seward appoints Dan Crothers as Managing Director
- Shining a light on quantum dots measurement
- Gold nanoparticles show promise for early detection of heart attacks
- The Waters ionKey/MS Technology Named a Top Innovation for 2014
- Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- Beckman Coulter Genomics Receives Accreditation from College of American Pathologists