Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced the official opening of a new state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility for Corning Life Sciences in China's Yangtze River Delta. The grand opening ceremony was held just over a year after Corning's Board of Directors approved the approximately ... more
- 1Eurofins acquires LGC Forensics
- 2Mechanism involved in novel drug design with potential to treat tuberculosis
- 3New antibiotic resistance genes found
- 4Nanoscale virus features reconstructed from correlations of scattered X-rays
- 5Eurofins acquires food testing laboratory Institut Nehring
- 6Major breakthrough identifies new mechanism for the development of schizophrenia
- 7A detailed look at 2-D structure of turbulence in tokamaks
- 8Successful online marketing right from the start
- 9Pioneering discovery of an odor-detecting receptor enhancer
- 10Bacteria self-organize to build working sensors
- Neutrons observe vitamin B6-dependent enzyme activity useful for drug development
- Initiative taps scientists to create atlas of cells in human spinal cord
- Proteins may prevent dysfunction and disease by relaxing
- A detailed look at 2-D structure of turbulence in tokamaks
- How rough microparticles can cause big problems