Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
05-12-2011: Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- 4Renishaw receives Queen's Award for spectroscopy developments
- 5LGC rebrands reference standards
- 6LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 7Armen Instrument sold its Flash Chromatography branch of activity to Interchim
- 8Expansion of the WALDNER Group
- 9Filming chemistry with a high speed x-ray camera
- 10Dr. Marc Stricker appointed new Managing Director at LAUDA
- Scientists measure speedy electrons in silicon
- SP Industries Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- JPK announces the opening of US offices in Southern California
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions