Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
05-12-2011: Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Identifying microbial species
- 3Merger of CyBio AG into Analytik Jena AG Completed
- 4Sophisticated radiation detector designed for broad public use
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6SP Industries Acquires Bel-Art Products
- 7The quantum dance of oxygen
- 8Spectris acquires Corporate Scientific Claisse Inc.
- 9The Sweetest Calculator in the World
- 10KNAUER among Top 100 innovators
- Tiny laser sensor heightens bomb detection sensitivity
- Rice nanophotonics experts create powerful molecular sensor
- 'Nanocamera' takes pictures at distances smaller than light's own wavelength
- NMR under pressure: Reproducing deep-Earth chemistry
- Sophisticated radiation detector designed for broad public use