Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced the official opening of a new state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility for Corning Life Sciences in China's Yangtze River Delta. The grand opening ceremony was held just over a year after Corning's Board of Directors approved the approximately ... more
- 1Diamond detectors for CERN
- 2We are much more unique than assumed
- 3New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 4PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 5LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 6Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 7Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers
- 8Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 9New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers
- First crystal model of under-diagnosed autoimmune disease
- 'Overturning established fact' leads to new new target in MLL-rearranged leukemia
- Cause and possible relief of cancer bone pain found