Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning Acquires Mediatech, Inc.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment. The terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
Mediatech develops, manufactures, and sells a broad range of high-quality cell culture media and molecular biology reagents related to tissue and cell culture applications. Its products under the cellgro(r) brand include culture media, basal salt solutions, antibiotics, sera, specialty media, and flexible packaging systems.
"By providing customers worldwide with greater access to Mediatech's cellgro product portfolio, this acquisition supports Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools," said Richard Eglen, general manager, Corning Life Sciences.
- molecular biology
- cell culture media
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced the official opening of a new state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility for Corning Life Sciences in China's Yangtze River Delta. The grand opening ceremony was held just over a year after Corning's Board of Directors approved the approximately ... more
- 1Siemens and Biogen cooperate
- 2'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 3China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 4Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 5'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 6Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 7World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- 8Gyros Protein Technologies appoints Gerrit van den Dool to Board of Directors
- 9The computer as microscope
- 10WALDNER Laboreinrichtungen extends Management Board
- Researchers zero-in on cholesterol's role in cells
- World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- '5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression