MolecularHealth announced a unique agreement with GATC Biotech. GATC Biotech will provide protocols, support and extensive training of MolecularHealth’s laboratory staff. Additionally, MolecularHealth will use GATC Biotech’s LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) in itsnewly opened ... more
GATC Biotech expands its sequencing laboratories in Constance and Cologne30 new jobs are planned in 2012
GATC Biotech continues to grow in 2012. The company will expand the laboratories at its headquarters in Constance and plans to establish a new site in Cologne, Germany.
The premises in Constance will become the new European Genome and Diagnostics Center with GATC Biotech’s fleet of Next and Third Generation sequencing systems, such as Illumina HiSeq 2000 and Pacific Biosciences PacBio RS. There the company will focus on genome sequencing projects, offering its customers true multiplatform sequencing strategies. Furthermore, the laboratories of the daughter company LifeCodexx will be extended to provide the necessary capacity for the upcoming non-invasive molecular genetic prenatal diagnostic test for trisomy 21.
The new laboratory in Cologne will concentrate on single sample sequencing due to its central location in Europe and its excellent infrastructure. With the improved logistics and closeness to customers the company will be able to offer shortest delivery times and highly competitive prices.
GATC Biotech will therefore create more than 30 new jobs in the coming year for both sites and grow to a total of 170 employees. Thus, the company’s workforce will have more than quadrupled since 2006.
“Rapidly developing new technologies and high price pressure are the key market drivers in our business. With our clear focus and strategy of consolidation we will meet the new challenges successfully. I would like to express my gratitude to all our employees who are actively supporting the decisions and drive them forward with highly motivated spirit,” says Peter Pohl, CEO of GATC Biotech and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of LifeCodexx AG.
Being the first in Europe, the Next Generation Sequencing Laboratories of the Constance Genome and Diagnostics Centre has been accredited according to ISO 17025 from the national accreditation body for the Federal Republic of Germany (DAkks). The independent governmental institution has ack ... more
In collaboration with the Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Plant Breeding Research in Cologne GATC Biotech AG has decoded the genome of the fungal pathogen Colletotrichum graminicola. The recently published results show that gene expression plays a decisive role in plant disease. With this kn ... more
- 1Diamond detectors for CERN
- 2Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 3We are much more unique than assumed
- 4Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 5PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 6New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 7LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 8State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 9Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 10Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- We are much more unique than assumed
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion