Porvair Filtration Report Strong Gain in 2011
Porvair Filtration Group, specialists in media and equipment for filtration and separation applications, has announced a strong increase in sales for the first half of fiscal year 2011.
This growth is reflected in the half yearly results reported by parent company - Porvair plc for its microfiltration division where aerospace revenues were up 17% and several large successful bids in the industrial process and nuclear industries contributed to record orders in the second quarter.
Tom Liddell, Managing Director of Porvair Filtration group commented "Our growth has been as a result of an increased sales footprint and operational capability in the US, and from the introduction of a range of new products including fuel tank inerting filters, printing filters and materials for Solid Phase Extraction. As a result, we are looking to expand our workforce, particularly in engineering and purchasing, by close to 10% this year".
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- 3LGC rebrands reference standards
- 4Agilent Technologies completes acquisition of Seahorse Bioscience
- 5Researchers design and patent graphene biosensors
- 6Endress+Hauser Set for Complete Acquisition of Analytik Jena
- 7Device combines power of mass spectrometry, microscopy
- 8Analytik Jena Opens Swiss Branch Office at the Endress+Hauser Headquarters
- 9Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 10Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- Ultra-short X-ray pulses could shed new light on the fastest events in physics
- 3D microscopy technique allows scientists to trace dangerous heart waves
- Scientists identify schizophrenia's 'Rosetta Stone' gene
- Oxford Nanopore announces £70 million fundraising
- Fossil fuel emissions will complicate radiocarbon dating, warns scientist