Porvair Filtration Report Strong Gain in 2011
Porvair Filtration Group, specialists in media and equipment for filtration and separation applications, has announced a strong increase in sales for the first half of fiscal year 2011.
This growth is reflected in the half yearly results reported by parent company - Porvair plc for its microfiltration division where aerospace revenues were up 17% and several large successful bids in the industrial process and nuclear industries contributed to record orders in the second quarter.
Tom Liddell, Managing Director of Porvair Filtration group commented "Our growth has been as a result of an increased sales footprint and operational capability in the US, and from the introduction of a range of new products including fuel tank inerting filters, printing filters and materials for Solid Phase Extraction. As a result, we are looking to expand our workforce, particularly in engineering and purchasing, by close to 10% this year".
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 3Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 4Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 5Sharper nanoscopy
- 6Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 7Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- 8Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 9Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 10Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- Picturing peanut contamination with near infrared hyperspectral imaging
- Ximbio Expands Team
- Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- Healthcare is up for a Revolution with the Rise of Personal Genomic Tests