Porvair Filtration Report Strong Gain in 2011
Porvair Filtration Group, specialists in media and equipment for filtration and separation applications, has announced a strong increase in sales for the first half of fiscal year 2011.
This growth is reflected in the half yearly results reported by parent company - Porvair plc for its microfiltration division where aerospace revenues were up 17% and several large successful bids in the industrial process and nuclear industries contributed to record orders in the second quarter.
Tom Liddell, Managing Director of Porvair Filtration group commented "Our growth has been as a result of an increased sales footprint and operational capability in the US, and from the introduction of a range of new products including fuel tank inerting filters, printing filters and materials for Solid Phase Extraction. As a result, we are looking to expand our workforce, particularly in engineering and purchasing, by close to 10% this year".
- 1Using espresso machines to do chemistry
- 2Thermo Fisher Scientific to acquire FEI Company
- 3New electron microscope method detects atomic-scale magnetism
- 4Eurofins acquisition of Agro-Analyses
- 5Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 6Tasty fat: X-rays finding the blueprint of why fat is yummy
- 7Eppendorf AG: Change in Supervisory Board
- 8Watching the luminescent gene switch
- 9The deadly toxin acrolein has a useful biological role
- 10Malvern Instruments acquires assets of Reologica Instruments AB
- Unexpected findings reveal insight into how cancer spreads in the body
- Blood test supports use of potential new treatment for patients with stomach cancer
- For cells, some shapes are easier to swallow than others
- Neanderthals may have been infected by diseases carried out of Africa by humans
- New laser achieves wavelength long sought by laser developers