Porvair Filtration Report Strong Gain in 2011
Porvair Filtration Group, specialists in media and equipment for filtration and separation applications, has announced a strong increase in sales for the first half of fiscal year 2011.
This growth is reflected in the half yearly results reported by parent company - Porvair plc for its microfiltration division where aerospace revenues were up 17% and several large successful bids in the industrial process and nuclear industries contributed to record orders in the second quarter.
Tom Liddell, Managing Director of Porvair Filtration group commented "Our growth has been as a result of an increased sales footprint and operational capability in the US, and from the introduction of a range of new products including fuel tank inerting filters, printing filters and materials for Solid Phase Extraction. As a result, we are looking to expand our workforce, particularly in engineering and purchasing, by close to 10% this year".
- 1New insights into latent HIV infections
- 2Quick test to detect inflammation in diabetic patients developed
- 3Fatal tombstones, goat men and "mirror scratching"
- 4Agilent Technologies and Burning Rock sign agreement on molecular diagnostics
- 5Charles River Laboratories acquires Agilux Laboratories, Inc.
- 6Controlling cell-fate decisions
- Charles River Laboratories acquires Agilux Laboratories, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific completes acquisition of FEI Company
- Brainshake closes €3.5M to advance regulatory approval of blood analysis service
- TA Instruments broadens its TGA portfolio with the acquisition of Rubotherm
- Tecan to acquire SPEware Corporation
- Scientists discover how insect-borne viruses ‘suppress’ the immune system to cause disease
- Infrared light to detect early signs of esophageal cancer
- Parkinson's study could pave way for early detection test
- Hitching a ride: misfiring drugs hit the wrong targets
- New research sheds light on the role of proteins and how synapses work