Until 15 January 2015, young researchers working in Europe who are not older than 35 years are invited to apply for the Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators. This prize acknowledges outstanding contributions to biomedical research in Europe based on methods of molecular biology, ... more
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5424 R wins a ‘red dot award: product design 2011’
Eppendorf AG celebrates success in a leading global design competition which attracted 4,433 entries from 1,700 companies in over 60 nations. Centrifuge 5424 R, a 24-place microcentrifuge, has been honoured for design excellence in the life science and medicine category of ‘red dot award: product design 2011’.
The exceptionally quiet Centrifuge 5424 R is a refrigerated 24-place microcentrifuge equipped with an array of innovative usability and design features. With its very compact size, low access height and near-silent operation – even without the rotor lid – Centrifuge 5424 R fits perfectly into molecular and biological research laboratories. Four different rotors, including a Kit rotor™ to avoid tearing of spin columns with open tube lids, ensure versatility, while users can choose between rotary control knobs or a keypad. With the help of the ‘FastTemp function’ a quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge from 21 ºC to 4 ºC in only 8 minutes is possible. In addition, a temperature range of –10 ºC to +40 ºC and maximum speed of 21,130 x g (15,000 rpm) suit applications including DNA / RNA handling and pelleting of cells, membranes and particles (e.g. beads).
Rounding up the striking benefits of the Centrifuge 5424 R is the fact that it has been developed to meet latest emission and ecological requirements – thus setting new standards.
Eppendorf has celebrated the opening of its new UK headquarters in Stevenage together with 60 guests from all walks of science and industry. Guest of honour Dr Dirk Ehlers, President & CEO of Eppendorf AG, performed the official opening of Eppendorf House, a high-grade, energy-efficient fac ... more
In the Life Science markets conditions improved with the economic recovery in the Financial Year 2010. While many companies made up their losses from the previous year which were due to the economic crisis, Eppendorf was able to consolidate its market position again during the reporting yea ... more
Eppendorf has introduced the new Reference® 2 pipette to its range of liquid handling instruments. The Reference® 2 is the successor to the highly successful Reference® pipette, and enhances more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 3Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 4Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 5Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 6Sharper nanoscopy
- 7Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 8Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 9Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- 10Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food b ...
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- DPZ-Researchers develop suitcase laboratory for rapid detection of the Ebola ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- Measuring Skin Rejuvenescence