The Japanese scientist Shigeki Watanabe, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Utah and Charité - Universitätsmedizin in Berlin has won the 2015 Eppendorf & Science Prize for Neurobiology for his work on vesicle endocytosis. Dr. Watanabe has developed two novel techniques in elec ... more
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5424 R wins a ‘red dot award: product design 2011’
Eppendorf AG celebrates success in a leading global design competition which attracted 4,433 entries from 1,700 companies in over 60 nations. Centrifuge 5424 R, a 24-place microcentrifuge, has been honoured for design excellence in the life science and medicine category of ‘red dot award: product design 2011’.
The exceptionally quiet Centrifuge 5424 R is a refrigerated 24-place microcentrifuge equipped with an array of innovative usability and design features. With its very compact size, low access height and near-silent operation – even without the rotor lid – Centrifuge 5424 R fits perfectly into molecular and biological research laboratories. Four different rotors, including a Kit rotor™ to avoid tearing of spin columns with open tube lids, ensure versatility, while users can choose between rotary control knobs or a keypad. With the help of the ‘FastTemp function’ a quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge from 21 ºC to 4 ºC in only 8 minutes is possible. In addition, a temperature range of –10 ºC to +40 ºC and maximum speed of 21,130 x g (15,000 rpm) suit applications including DNA / RNA handling and pelleting of cells, membranes and particles (e.g. beads).
Rounding up the striking benefits of the Centrifuge 5424 R is the fact that it has been developed to meet latest emission and ecological requirements – thus setting new standards.
From October 1, 2015, until January 15, 2016, young researchers working in Europe who are not older than 35 years can apply for the Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators. This highly prestigious 20,000 EUR prize acknowledges outstanding contributions to biomedical research in Eur ... more
Thomas Bachmann became Chief Executive Officer of the Eppendorf Group on August 1, 2015. Following the departure of Eppendorf's previous CEO, the company's Chief Financial Officer, Detmar Ammermann, had exercised the function of Spokesman of the Management Board on an interim basis in addit ... more
The introduction of this new screw cap vessel represents the latest significant innovation within the Eppendorf Tubes® 5.0 mL system. This tube will complement the application spectrum of sample processing in the medium volume range more
At different exhibition days, Eppendorf will conduct free user seminars addressing, for example, the topics Liquid Handling “Safe pipetting of problematic liquids” and Cell Culture “Reproducible and contamination-free cell culture work” more
Developed in line with Eppendorf’s Physio Care Concept, electric motor driven dispensing helps to minimize the strain of work in the laboratory. Eppendorf’s instinctive design minimizes the risk of RSI by lowering operation forces and positioning buttons to accommodate natural hand movements. more
The introduction of this new screw cap vessel represents the latest significant innovation within the Eppendorf Tubes® 5.0 mL system. This tube will complement the application spectrum of sample processing in the medium volume range: In addition to sample processing the 5.0 mL screw cap tub ... more
The new electronic Multipette® E3 and E3x from leading life science company Eppendorf raise the bar in terms of ease of use and versatility of electronic manual dispensers. Developed in line with Eppendorf’s Physio Care Concept, electric motor driven dispensing helps to minimize the strain ... more
The Eppendorf line of epMotion automated liquid handling systems is designed to help you automate routine pipetting tasks to free up your time. Not only is the epMotion one of the most accurate pipetting stations on the market, by virtue of automation it helps you to eliminate manual pipett ... more
- 1analytica 2016: Record number of exhibitors thanks to 6.5 percent increase
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3analytica 2016: Key platform for upcoming scientists
- 4SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 5Electronic device detects molecules linked to cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
- 6Laboratory of the future at analytica in Munich in the present
- 7Eurofins reinforces its environment testing footprint with the acquisition of EAC Corp. in Japan
- 8Beijing Higher Court rules in favor of Merck Millipore in patent infringement case
- 9The latest technologies in food and plastics analysis, bioanalysis and genetic analysis
- 10Device may provide rapid diagnosis of bacterial infections
- Agilent Technologies launches new platform for analyzing cell-free DNA
- Natural air standards support accurate greenhouse gas measurements
- License agreement for analytical chemistry tech signed by ORNL and SCIEX
- The world's tiniest temperature sensor is powered by radio waves
- What is it, and where did it come from?