Until 15 January 2015, young researchers working in Europe who are not older than 35 years are invited to apply for the Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators. This prize acknowledges outstanding contributions to biomedical research in Europe based on methods of molecular biology, ... more
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5424 R wins a ‘red dot award: product design 2011’
Eppendorf AG celebrates success in a leading global design competition which attracted 4,433 entries from 1,700 companies in over 60 nations. Centrifuge 5424 R, a 24-place microcentrifuge, has been honoured for design excellence in the life science and medicine category of ‘red dot award: product design 2011’.
The exceptionally quiet Centrifuge 5424 R is a refrigerated 24-place microcentrifuge equipped with an array of innovative usability and design features. With its very compact size, low access height and near-silent operation – even without the rotor lid – Centrifuge 5424 R fits perfectly into molecular and biological research laboratories. Four different rotors, including a Kit rotor™ to avoid tearing of spin columns with open tube lids, ensure versatility, while users can choose between rotary control knobs or a keypad. With the help of the ‘FastTemp function’ a quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge from 21 ºC to 4 ºC in only 8 minutes is possible. In addition, a temperature range of –10 ºC to +40 ºC and maximum speed of 21,130 x g (15,000 rpm) suit applications including DNA / RNA handling and pelleting of cells, membranes and particles (e.g. beads).
Rounding up the striking benefits of the Centrifuge 5424 R is the fact that it has been developed to meet latest emission and ecological requirements – thus setting new standards.
Eppendorf has celebrated the opening of its new UK headquarters in Stevenage together with 60 guests from all walks of science and industry. Guest of honour Dr Dirk Ehlers, President & CEO of Eppendorf AG, performed the official opening of Eppendorf House, a high-grade, energy-efficient fac ... more
In the Life Science markets conditions improved with the economic recovery in the Financial Year 2010. While many companies made up their losses from the previous year which were due to the economic crisis, Eppendorf was able to consolidate its market position again during the reporting yea ... more
Eppendorf has introduced the new Reference® 2 pipette to its range of liquid handling instruments. The Reference® 2 is the successor to the highly successful Reference® pipette, and enhances more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 4MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 5Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 6Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 7Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 8SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 9New materials discovered to detect neutrons emitted by radioactive materials
- 10Oxford Instruments acquires Link Analytical
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- INTEGRA Biosciences Opens German Subsidiary
- Omics methods: Towards a better prediction of the effects of substances at very low doses
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement
- Frozen highly-charged ions for highest precision spectroscopy