Until 15 January 2015, young researchers working in Europe who are not older than 35 years are invited to apply for the Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators. This prize acknowledges outstanding contributions to biomedical research in Europe based on methods of molecular biology, ... more
Eppendorf Centrifuge 5424 R wins a ‘red dot award: product design 2011’
Eppendorf AG celebrates success in a leading global design competition which attracted 4,433 entries from 1,700 companies in over 60 nations. Centrifuge 5424 R, a 24-place microcentrifuge, has been honoured for design excellence in the life science and medicine category of ‘red dot award: product design 2011’.
The exceptionally quiet Centrifuge 5424 R is a refrigerated 24-place microcentrifuge equipped with an array of innovative usability and design features. With its very compact size, low access height and near-silent operation – even without the rotor lid – Centrifuge 5424 R fits perfectly into molecular and biological research laboratories. Four different rotors, including a Kit rotor™ to avoid tearing of spin columns with open tube lids, ensure versatility, while users can choose between rotary control knobs or a keypad. With the help of the ‘FastTemp function’ a quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge from 21 ºC to 4 ºC in only 8 minutes is possible. In addition, a temperature range of –10 ºC to +40 ºC and maximum speed of 21,130 x g (15,000 rpm) suit applications including DNA / RNA handling and pelleting of cells, membranes and particles (e.g. beads).
Rounding up the striking benefits of the Centrifuge 5424 R is the fact that it has been developed to meet latest emission and ecological requirements – thus setting new standards.
Eppendorf has celebrated the opening of its new UK headquarters in Stevenage together with 60 guests from all walks of science and industry. Guest of honour Dr Dirk Ehlers, President & CEO of Eppendorf AG, performed the official opening of Eppendorf House, a high-grade, energy-efficient fac ... more
In the Life Science markets conditions improved with the economic recovery in the Financial Year 2010. While many companies made up their losses from the previous year which were due to the economic crisis, Eppendorf was able to consolidate its market position again during the reporting yea ... more
Eppendorf is introducing the new Centrifuge 5920 R, featuring extraordinary high capacity of 4 x 1000 mL or 52 x 50 mL conical tubes more
Bench-scale bioprocessing for microbial and cell cultures, scale-up and scale-down, batch, fed-batch and continuous processes more
The new Eppendorf CryoCube ultra-low temperature freezer combine maximum sample security with improved functionality more
- 1Could your smartphone one day tell you you're pregnant?
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 4Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 7LGC rebrands reference standards
- 8NETZSCH Acquires GABO
- 9A novel microscope for nanosystems
- 10New technique enables magnetic patterns to be mapped in 3D
- New test could identify resistant tuberculosis faster
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food b ...
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- DPZ-Researchers develop suitcase laboratory for rapid detection of the Ebola ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test