The project phase of the international scientific challenge “BlueCompetition” organized by BlueSens Gas Sensor GmbH is about to begin. The company received project proposals from research groups in universities throughout the world. An independent international scientific jury has selected ... more
Start of a worldwide scientific competition for bioprocesses
Scientific workgroups from research institutions all over the world can now register for the so called “BlueCompetition”, run by BlueSens gas sensor GmbH. The German manufacturer of gas analyzers for bioprocesses is launching this large-scaled event this year for the first time.
From May till the beginning of September the competition stage starts and will be about optimizing gas analysis in bioprocesses. Scientists from the Life Sciences, Biotechnology and other faculties are called on to take part in this comprehensive competition to find new and creative ways of analyzing gases in fermentation processes. “With the BlueCompetition we want to give new impetus to the scientific discourse about Bioprocessing”, explained Dr. Holger Mueller, one of the managing directors of BlueSens. New applications and fermentation techniques or simplified biotechnical processes could be the result of this initiative. Over 30 scientific teams are expected to take an active part in the contest.
“The Competition was the corollary of smaller competitions and very successful cooperation with various universities in the past years”, emphasized Mr. Mueller. After the application phase this spring the participating groups have time till September to run their experiments and to write a short report with their results.
An independent scientific jury will survey the results of the workgroups and define the first three winners. At the moment the jury consists of Prof. Dr. Lars Blank (TU Dortmund), Prof. Dr. Gesine Cornelissen (HAW Hamburg), Prof. Dr. Eiden (FH-Recklinghausen) and Prof. Jean Francois Hamel (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT). As a financial incentive for the teams the total prize money for the award is 9,000 euro. The best reports will be published by the organizing company. For the project duration the participants also have the opportunity to receive a loan of gas measuring devices from BlueSens.
Scientific workgroups from research institutions all over the world can now register for the so called “BlueCompetition”, run by BlueSens gas sensor GmbH. The German manufacturer of gas analyzers for bioprocesses is launching this large-scaled event this year for the first time. From May ti ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 4MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 5Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 6Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 7Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 8Live broadcast from inside the nerve cell
- 9SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 10Bruker Daltonics Appoints Michael Schubert as Executive Vice President and Ian Sanders as Vice President
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- INTEGRA Biosciences Opens German Subsidiary
- Omics methods: Towards a better prediction of the effects of substances at very low doses
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement
- Frozen highly-charged ions for highest precision spectroscopy