BlueSens gas sensor GmbH celebrated its 15th anniversary on the first of July. The company manufactures gas sensors and software for biotechnological processes. In 2001, the two managing directors Udo Schmale and Holger Müller founded the company in the city of Herten in the Ruhr area. Sinc ... more
Start of a worldwide scientific competition for bioprocesses
Scientific workgroups from research institutions all over the world can now register for the so called “BlueCompetition”, run by BlueSens gas sensor GmbH. The German manufacturer of gas analyzers for bioprocesses is launching this large-scaled event this year for the first time.
From May till the beginning of September the competition stage starts and will be about optimizing gas analysis in bioprocesses. Scientists from the Life Sciences, Biotechnology and other faculties are called on to take part in this comprehensive competition to find new and creative ways of analyzing gases in fermentation processes. “With the BlueCompetition we want to give new impetus to the scientific discourse about Bioprocessing”, explained Dr. Holger Mueller, one of the managing directors of BlueSens. New applications and fermentation techniques or simplified biotechnical processes could be the result of this initiative. Over 30 scientific teams are expected to take an active part in the contest.
“The Competition was the corollary of smaller competitions and very successful cooperation with various universities in the past years”, emphasized Mr. Mueller. After the application phase this spring the participating groups have time till September to run their experiments and to write a short report with their results.
An independent scientific jury will survey the results of the workgroups and define the first three winners. At the moment the jury consists of Prof. Dr. Lars Blank (TU Dortmund), Prof. Dr. Gesine Cornelissen (HAW Hamburg), Prof. Dr. Eiden (FH-Recklinghausen) and Prof. Jean Francois Hamel (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT). As a financial incentive for the teams the total prize money for the award is 9,000 euro. The best reports will be published by the organizing company. For the project duration the participants also have the opportunity to receive a loan of gas measuring devices from BlueSens.
BlueSens gas sensor GmbH and EXPUTEC GmbH cooperate in the future in the field of bioprocess analytics. From the beginning of 2016, the combined CO2/O2 gas analyzer BlueInOne by BlueSens is equipped with the EXPUTEC´s soft sensor for biomass. "As a result of this cooperation BlueSens´ BlueV ... more
The project phase of the international scientific challenge “BlueCompetition” organized by BlueSens Gas Sensor GmbH is about to begin. The company received project proposals from research groups in universities throughout the world. An independent international scientific jury has selected ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- 3State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 4Eurofins acquires clinical diagnostics company in Italy
- 5Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 6More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- 7Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 8New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 9Bacterial organizational complexities revealed
- 10Protein mingling under blue light
- Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- We are much more unique than assumed
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion