BlueSens gas sensor GmbH and EXPUTEC GmbH cooperate in the future in the field of bioprocess analytics. From the beginning of 2016, the combined CO2/O2 gas analyzer BlueInOne by BlueSens is equipped with the EXPUTEC´s soft sensor for biomass. "As a result of this cooperation BlueSens´ BlueV ... more
Start of a worldwide scientific competition for bioprocesses
Scientific workgroups from research institutions all over the world can now register for the so called “BlueCompetition”, run by BlueSens gas sensor GmbH. The German manufacturer of gas analyzers for bioprocesses is launching this large-scaled event this year for the first time.
From May till the beginning of September the competition stage starts and will be about optimizing gas analysis in bioprocesses. Scientists from the Life Sciences, Biotechnology and other faculties are called on to take part in this comprehensive competition to find new and creative ways of analyzing gases in fermentation processes. “With the BlueCompetition we want to give new impetus to the scientific discourse about Bioprocessing”, explained Dr. Holger Mueller, one of the managing directors of BlueSens. New applications and fermentation techniques or simplified biotechnical processes could be the result of this initiative. Over 30 scientific teams are expected to take an active part in the contest.
“The Competition was the corollary of smaller competitions and very successful cooperation with various universities in the past years”, emphasized Mr. Mueller. After the application phase this spring the participating groups have time till September to run their experiments and to write a short report with their results.
An independent scientific jury will survey the results of the workgroups and define the first three winners. At the moment the jury consists of Prof. Dr. Lars Blank (TU Dortmund), Prof. Dr. Gesine Cornelissen (HAW Hamburg), Prof. Dr. Eiden (FH-Recklinghausen) and Prof. Jean Francois Hamel (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT). As a financial incentive for the teams the total prize money for the award is 9,000 euro. The best reports will be published by the organizing company. For the project duration the participants also have the opportunity to receive a loan of gas measuring devices from BlueSens.
The project phase of the international scientific challenge “BlueCompetition” organized by BlueSens Gas Sensor GmbH is about to begin. The company received project proposals from research groups in universities throughout the world. An independent international scientific jury has selected ... more
- 1analytica 2016: Record number of exhibitors thanks to 6.5 percent increase
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3analytica 2016: Key platform for upcoming scientists
- 4SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 5Eurofins reinforces its environment testing footprint with the acquisition of EAC Corp. in Japan
- 6Electronic device detects molecules linked to cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
- 7Laboratory of the future at analytica in Munich in the present
- 8Beijing Higher Court rules in favor of Merck Millipore in patent infringement case
- 9Mercury in fish affected by both prey type and quality
- 10Device may provide rapid diagnosis of bacterial infections