Siemens Healthcare is selling its microbiology business to Beckman Coulter Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation. The activities of the microbiology business include systems for the identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing (ID/AST) of microorganisms. The decisio ... more
Danaher to Acquire Beckman Coulter, Inc. for $6.8 Billion
09-02-2011: Danaher Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Beckman Coulter, Inc. pursuant to which Danaher will acquire Beckman Coulter by making a cash tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Beckman Coulter at a purchase price of $83.50 per share, for a total enterprise value of approximately $6.8 billion, including debt assumed and net of cash acquired.
The Beckman Coulter Board of Directors has unanimously recommended that Beckman Coulter shareholders accept and tender their shares into the offer, which represents a premium of approximately 45% to Beckman Coulter’s closing price on December 9, 2010, the date on which market speculation began regarding a potential sale of the Company. The offer is subject to customary conditions, including tender of a majority of the outstanding shares into the offer (on a fully diluted basis), applicable regulatory approvals and the absence of a material adverse change with respect to Beckman Coulter. The transaction is expected to be completed in the first half of 2011.
Beckman Coulter would become part of Danaher’s Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment, joining Danaher’s Leica, AB Sciex, Radiometer and Molecular Devices businesses.
Danaher’s President and CEO, H. Lawrence Culp, Jr., said, “Beckman Coulter is an iconic company with a great brand, broad reach and technology leadership; well positioned in the markets it serves. Beckman provides an excellent complement to our existing Life Sciences & Diagnostics businesses. Being part of Danaher, Beckman associates will have the opportunity to leverage the power of the Danaher Business System, including the processes by which Danaher accelerates growth through new product innovation and driving sales, marketing and service, as well as its strength in continuously expanding margins.”
- Beckman Coulter
Beckman Coulter, Inc. has obtained a CLIA Certificate of Registration, along with Massachusetts State Licensure, allowing Beckman Coulter Genomics to begin accepting clinical samples for genetic sequencing – the most technically complex CLIA category – and to provide those results to physic ... more
Danaher Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Beckman Coulter, Inc. pursuant to which Danaher will acquire Beckman Coulter by making a cash tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Beckman Coulter at a purchase ... more
Life Technologies Corporation announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its ownership stake in its mass spectrometry business, operated as a joint venture, to Danaher Corporation for $450 million in cash. Danaher has also signed an agreement to acquire Life Technologies’ joint ... more
Danaher Corporation announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase German-based Leica Microsystems AG from LM Investments S.à r.l. The purchase price amounts to an enterprise value of approximately EUR450 million, including assumed debt, pension liabilities, transaction cos ... more
- 1The shadow of a disease
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich to Enhance Position in Attractive Life Science Industry
- 4A Breakthrough in Electron Microscopy
- 5LGC rebrands reference standards
- 6Bibby Scientific Ltd acquires PCRmax Ltd
- 7Analytik Jena Closes Acquisition of Bruker's ICP-MS Business and Begins Integration Process
- 8LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe
- 9Gilson announces the acquisition of Armen
- 10analytica China 2014: Closed with overall success
- New sequencing reveals genetic history of tomatoes
- New blood test determines whether you have or are likely to get cancer
- Yale University and Leica Microsystems Partner to Establish Microscopy Center of Excellence
- Graphene imperfections key to creating hypersensitive 'electronic nose'
- Large study reveals new genetic variants that raise risk for prostate cancer