Beckman Coulter Genomic announces accreditation from the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Furthering a long-standing commitment to delivering state-of-the-art sequencing services and high levels of customer satisfaction, the facility in Danvers completed a comprehensive on-site insp ... more
Danaher to Acquire Beckman Coulter, Inc. for $6.8 Billion
Danaher Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Beckman Coulter, Inc. pursuant to which Danaher will acquire Beckman Coulter by making a cash tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Beckman Coulter at a purchase price of $83.50 per share, for a total enterprise value of approximately $6.8 billion, including debt assumed and net of cash acquired.
The Beckman Coulter Board of Directors has unanimously recommended that Beckman Coulter shareholders accept and tender their shares into the offer, which represents a premium of approximately 45% to Beckman Coulter’s closing price on December 9, 2010, the date on which market speculation began regarding a potential sale of the Company. The offer is subject to customary conditions, including tender of a majority of the outstanding shares into the offer (on a fully diluted basis), applicable regulatory approvals and the absence of a material adverse change with respect to Beckman Coulter. The transaction is expected to be completed in the first half of 2011.
Beckman Coulter would become part of Danaher’s Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment, joining Danaher’s Leica, AB Sciex, Radiometer and Molecular Devices businesses.
Danaher’s President and CEO, H. Lawrence Culp, Jr., said, “Beckman Coulter is an iconic company with a great brand, broad reach and technology leadership; well positioned in the markets it serves. Beckman provides an excellent complement to our existing Life Sciences & Diagnostics businesses. Being part of Danaher, Beckman associates will have the opportunity to leverage the power of the Danaher Business System, including the processes by which Danaher accelerates growth through new product innovation and driving sales, marketing and service, as well as its strength in continuously expanding margins.”
- Beckman Coulter
Siemens Healthcare is selling its microbiology business to Beckman Coulter Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation. The activities of the microbiology business include systems for the identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing (ID/AST) of microorganisms. The decisio ... more
Beckman Coulter, Inc. has obtained a CLIA Certificate of Registration, along with Massachusetts State Licensure, allowing Beckman Coulter Genomics to begin accepting clinical samples for genetic sequencing – the most technically complex CLIA category – and to provide those results to physic ... more
Danaher Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Pall Corporation pursuant to which Danaher will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Pall for $127.20 per share in cash, or a total enterprise value of approximately $13.8 billion, including assume ... more
Life Technologies Corporation announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its ownership stake in its mass spectrometry business, operated as a joint venture, to Danaher Corporation for $450 million in cash. Danaher has also signed an agreement to acquire Life Technologies’ joint ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.
- X-rays and electrons join forces to map catalytic reactions in real-time
- Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- Fabricating inexpensive, high-temp SQUIDs for future electronic devices
- Gender inequality in scientific professions
- Nanomaterial self-assembly imaged in real time