Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Dr. Carolyn Mountford has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of her work using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy technology in cancer research.Dr. Mountford is a professor of radiology at The University of Newcastle A ... more
Agilent Technologies Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments
03-11-2010: Agilent Technologies Inc. announced the opening of its new life sciences instruments manufacturing facility in Singapore. The facility will produce the company’s Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) instruments for the global market.
“The opening of the LC/MS manufacturing facility marks a milestone in Agilent’s continued investment in Singapore, which began in 1970,” said Bill Sullivan, Agilent president and CEO. “Singapore is the ideal location for this facility as it will provide us with greater access to the life sciences instrument market in Asia. The new facility also will bring us closer to our customers, as the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries have become an important part of Singapore’s overall economy and investment strategy.”
The Agilent LC/MS facility is located within the Agilent Life Sciences Group Order Fulfillment Center, located at its Yishun, Singapore, site. The center will be responsible for efficient management of the supply-chain network -- including planning, procurement, value-added engineering and logistics. The center ensures that the LC/MS facility is able to efficiently and effectively deliver configurable solutions to customers worldwide while maintaining Agilent’s hallmark of quality.
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced a recycling program that enables customers in the United States and Canada to return used atomic absorption lamps. Under this new program, laboratories are invited to return used hollow cathode lamps for recycling. This recycling service is offered through ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced it is collaborating with Florida International University’s department of chemistry and biochemistry and its International Forensics Research Institute to further advance the identification and characterization of so-called designer drugs.This work is cur ... more
Is your lab looking for better, more reproducible results for all your standard GC analyses, run after run and day after day? Proven quality in an affordable more
Twsett originated the chromatography with his work about the separation of chlorophyll in 1903. For some time it was relatively quite around this new technology. Exceptions were the workings of Kuhn and Lederer (1931) as well as of Hesse (1936 and 1942). A break through succeeded to E. Crem ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Identifying microbial species
- 3Sophisticated radiation detector designed for broad public use
- 4SP Industries Acquires Bel-Art Products
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6Spectris acquires Corporate Scientific Claisse Inc.
- 7The quantum dance of oxygen
- 8Merger of CyBio AG into Analytik Jena AG Completed
- 9The Sweetest Calculator in the World
- 10Scientists find trigger to decode the genome
- World's first fluorescent sensor to detect date rape drug
- An organized approach to 3D tissue engineering
- Pfizer, GSK, and Siemens form R&D Consortium with A*STAR’s Institute of Chemical & Engineering Sciences
- Gyros Expands Asian Distribution to Singapore
- H5N1 Bird Flu Diagnostic Kit Detects All Known Strains of H5N1 Virus with a Single Test