Agilent Technologies Inc. announced it has acquired Oxfordshire, U.K.-based Cobalt Light Systems, a provider of highly differentiated Raman spectroscopic instruments for the pharmaceutical industry, applied markets and public safety. Cobalt’s innovative suite of benchtop and handheld/porta ... more
Agilent Technologies Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced the opening of its new life sciences instruments manufacturing facility in Singapore. The facility will produce the company’s Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) instruments for the global market.
“The opening of the LC/MS manufacturing facility marks a milestone in Agilent’s continued investment in Singapore, which began in 1970,” said Bill Sullivan, Agilent president and CEO. “Singapore is the ideal location for this facility as it will provide us with greater access to the life sciences instrument market in Asia. The new facility also will bring us closer to our customers, as the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries have become an important part of Singapore’s overall economy and investment strategy.”
The Agilent LC/MS facility is located within the Agilent Life Sciences Group Order Fulfillment Center, located at its Yishun, Singapore, site. The center will be responsible for efficient management of the supply-chain network -- including planning, procurement, value-added engineering and logistics. The center ensures that the LC/MS facility is able to efficiently and effectively deliver configurable solutions to customers worldwide while maintaining Agilent’s hallmark of quality.
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Agendia, Inc. today jointly announced an agreement to expand their relationship to include the development of an RNASeq kit version of Agendia’s currently marketed MammaPrint and BluePrint tests. Agendia’s MammaPrint test provides High-Risk or Low-Risk test re ... more
Agilent Technologies announced that it received three awards at the Annual Conference of China Scientific Instruments (ACCSI) 2017 in Nanjing, China. Agilent received the following awards: Green Product of the Year, Most Popular Scientific Instrument, and Most Influential Foreign Manufactu ... more
- 1Next generation of neuroscience tools
- 2Sartorius Campus expands: Official opening of the new manufacturing facility for laboratory instruments
- 3Ultrafast snapshots of relaxing electrons in solids
- 4New method for identifying carbon compounds derived from fossil fuels
- 5A spectroscopic 'science camera' system for smartphones
- 6Liquid cats, disgust for cheese and reversed genitalia
- 7How does a cell maintain its identity during replication?
- 8New genetic cause discovered for photosensitive blood disorder
- 9Transplanted hearts reveals risk gene for cardiovascular disease
- 10Toxic chemicals in building materials even in "green housing"