Agilent Technologies Inc.announced an extension to its longstanding agreement with PerkinElmer, which supplies chips for Agilent’s popular 2100 Bioanalyzer system. Since its introduction in 1999, the 2100 Bioanalyzer system has become an integral part of molecular biology laboratories aroun ... more
Agilent Technologies Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced the opening of its new life sciences instruments manufacturing facility in Singapore. The facility will produce the company’s Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) instruments for the global market.
“The opening of the LC/MS manufacturing facility marks a milestone in Agilent’s continued investment in Singapore, which began in 1970,” said Bill Sullivan, Agilent president and CEO. “Singapore is the ideal location for this facility as it will provide us with greater access to the life sciences instrument market in Asia. The new facility also will bring us closer to our customers, as the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries have become an important part of Singapore’s overall economy and investment strategy.”
The Agilent LC/MS facility is located within the Agilent Life Sciences Group Order Fulfillment Center, located at its Yishun, Singapore, site. The center will be responsible for efficient management of the supply-chain network -- including planning, procurement, value-added engineering and logistics. The center ensures that the LC/MS facility is able to efficiently and effectively deliver configurable solutions to customers worldwide while maintaining Agilent’s hallmark of quality.
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced it has completed the acquisition of Seahorse Bioscience, which provides instruments and assay kits for measuring cell metabolism and bioenergetics. Agilent announced its intent to acquire Seahorse on Sept. 9 . Seahorse’s leading technology enables researc ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Jules Griffin has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his work in lipidomics.This award includes an Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS system, which Dr. Griffin and his team will use to advance their lipid profiling of human ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 3New patent on fast measurements in liquids
- 4Chemical fingerprints confirm the saffron fraud
- 5PerkinElmer acquires Vanadis Diagnostics
- 6Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- 7Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 8New study creates first 3-D vision of cancer target
- 9Merck and Biocartis to Collaborate
- 10The device with the fine nose
- Quick clean-up: New process turns decades into hours for mining-water purifi ...
- Industrial chromatography and reverse osmosis optimize amino acid fermentati ...
- Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pak ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Eurofins MWG Operon launches SmartSeq
- World's first fluorescent sensor to detect date rape drug
- An organized approach to 3D tissue engineering
- Pfizer, GSK, and Siemens form R&D Consortium with A*STAR’s Institute of Chemical & Engineering Sciences
- Gyros Expands Asian Distribution to Singapore
- H5N1 Bird Flu Diagnostic Kit Detects All Known Strains of H5N1 Virus with a Single Test