Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Jules Griffin has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his work in lipidomics.This award includes an Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS system, which Dr. Griffin and his team will use to advance their lipid profiling of human ... more
Agilent Technologies Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced the opening of its new life sciences instruments manufacturing facility in Singapore. The facility will produce the company’s Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) instruments for the global market.
“The opening of the LC/MS manufacturing facility marks a milestone in Agilent’s continued investment in Singapore, which began in 1970,” said Bill Sullivan, Agilent president and CEO. “Singapore is the ideal location for this facility as it will provide us with greater access to the life sciences instrument market in Asia. The new facility also will bring us closer to our customers, as the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries have become an important part of Singapore’s overall economy and investment strategy.”
The Agilent LC/MS facility is located within the Agilent Life Sciences Group Order Fulfillment Center, located at its Yishun, Singapore, site. The center will be responsible for efficient management of the supply-chain network -- including planning, procurement, value-added engineering and logistics. The center ensures that the LC/MS facility is able to efficiently and effectively deliver configurable solutions to customers worldwide while maintaining Agilent’s hallmark of quality.
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Scion Instruments announced a gas chromatography instrument control agreement. This exchange agreement provides customers the freedom to operate instruments from both manufacturers in each company’s chromatography data systems.The companies will exchange develo ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that professor John A. McLean has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his contributions to ion mobility mass spectrometry (IM-MS) focused on advanced applications, including comprehensive biomolecular systems analysis and synthetic ... more
Twsett originated the chromatography with his work about the separation of chlorophyll in 1903. For some time it was relatively quite around this new technology. Exceptions were the workings of Kuhn and Lederer (1931) as well as of Hesse (1936 and 19 more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 10Team harnesses intense X-ray beam, observes unusual phenomenon for the first time
- World's first fluorescent sensor to detect date rape drug
- An organized approach to 3D tissue engineering
- Pfizer, GSK, and Siemens form R&D Consortium with A*STAR’s Institute of Chemical & Engineering Sciences
- Gyros Expands Asian Distribution to Singapore
- H5N1 Bird Flu Diagnostic Kit Detects All Known Strains of H5N1 Virus with a Single Test