Corning to Acquire Plaslab S.A.S.
Acquisition to add sampling, testing, and analysis consumables to its life sciences product portfolio
16-08-2010: Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached an agreement with the shareholders of Plaslab S.A.S. to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. Assuming certain closing conditions are met, the acquisition is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Plaslab is a French simplified joint stock company and the holding company of Plastiques Gosselin S.A.S. Headquartered in Borre, France, Plastiques Gosselin is a manufacturer and distributor of high-quality plastic consumable labware in Europe. Plastiques Gosselin would be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment.
By providing customers outside Europe with greater access to Plastiques Gosselin's product portfolio, this acquisition would support Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools. Plastiques Gosselin's wide array of sampling, testing, and analysis products (including Petri dishes, bottles, containers, tubes, bags, and accessories) are complementary to the general labware, cell culture, lab equipment, and HTS/Assay products offered today by Corning. In addition, the acquisition would enable Corning to continue to improve its strategic balance by strengthening its Life Sciences segment.
Jean Gosselin, president and CEO, Plaslab S.A.S. and Plastiques Gosselin, would remain with the business in a similar capacity.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 8Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 9Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 10Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Targeted screening for C. difficile upon hospital admission could potentially identify most colonized patients
- Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- Tomosynthesis increases breast cancer detection rate
- Chemical shift MRI helps differentiate renal cell tumors more likely to metastasize