Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning to Acquire Plaslab S.A.S.Acquisition to add sampling, testing, and analysis consumables to its life sciences product portfolio
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached an agreement with the shareholders of Plaslab S.A.S. to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. Assuming certain closing conditions are met, the acquisition is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Plaslab is a French simplified joint stock company and the holding company of Plastiques Gosselin S.A.S. Headquartered in Borre, France, Plastiques Gosselin is a manufacturer and distributor of high-quality plastic consumable labware in Europe. Plastiques Gosselin would be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment.
By providing customers outside Europe with greater access to Plastiques Gosselin's product portfolio, this acquisition would support Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools. Plastiques Gosselin's wide array of sampling, testing, and analysis products (including Petri dishes, bottles, containers, tubes, bags, and accessories) are complementary to the general labware, cell culture, lab equipment, and HTS/Assay products offered today by Corning. In addition, the acquisition would enable Corning to continue to improve its strategic balance by strengthening its Life Sciences segment.
Jean Gosselin, president and CEO, Plaslab S.A.S. and Plastiques Gosselin, would remain with the business in a similar capacity.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 3Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 4Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- 5Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 6Eurofins acquires clinical diagnostics company in Italy
- 7More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- 8New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 9Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- 10New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- Bacterial organizational complexities revealed
- Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers