Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning to Acquire Plaslab S.A.S.Acquisition to add sampling, testing, and analysis consumables to its life sciences product portfolio
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached an agreement with the shareholders of Plaslab S.A.S. to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. Assuming certain closing conditions are met, the acquisition is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Plaslab is a French simplified joint stock company and the holding company of Plastiques Gosselin S.A.S. Headquartered in Borre, France, Plastiques Gosselin is a manufacturer and distributor of high-quality plastic consumable labware in Europe. Plastiques Gosselin would be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment.
By providing customers outside Europe with greater access to Plastiques Gosselin's product portfolio, this acquisition would support Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools. Plastiques Gosselin's wide array of sampling, testing, and analysis products (including Petri dishes, bottles, containers, tubes, bags, and accessories) are complementary to the general labware, cell culture, lab equipment, and HTS/Assay products offered today by Corning. In addition, the acquisition would enable Corning to continue to improve its strategic balance by strengthening its Life Sciences segment.
Jean Gosselin, president and CEO, Plaslab S.A.S. and Plastiques Gosselin, would remain with the business in a similar capacity.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning ... more
- 1Using espresso machines to do chemistry
- 2Thermo Fisher Scientific to acquire FEI Company
- 3Eurofins acquisition of Agro-Analyses
- 4Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 5Eppendorf AG: Change in Supervisory Board
- 6Tasty fat: X-rays finding the blueprint of why fat is yummy
- 7The deadly toxin acrolein has a useful biological role
- 8Watching the luminescent gene switch
- 9Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- 10analytica 2016: Record number of exhibitors thanks to 6.5 percent increase
- Ultrathin, flat lens resolves chirality and color
- Loss of essential protein in the choroid plexus epithelium linked to hydrocephalus
- Measuring Planck's constant, watt balance brings world closer to new kilogram
- Pilot study successfully uses DNA sequencing to diagnose brain infections
- A new trick for controlling emission direction in microlasers