Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning to Acquire Plaslab S.A.S.Acquisition to add sampling, testing, and analysis consumables to its life sciences product portfolio
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached an agreement with the shareholders of Plaslab S.A.S. to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. Assuming certain closing conditions are met, the acquisition is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Plaslab is a French simplified joint stock company and the holding company of Plastiques Gosselin S.A.S. Headquartered in Borre, France, Plastiques Gosselin is a manufacturer and distributor of high-quality plastic consumable labware in Europe. Plastiques Gosselin would be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment.
By providing customers outside Europe with greater access to Plastiques Gosselin's product portfolio, this acquisition would support Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools. Plastiques Gosselin's wide array of sampling, testing, and analysis products (including Petri dishes, bottles, containers, tubes, bags, and accessories) are complementary to the general labware, cell culture, lab equipment, and HTS/Assay products offered today by Corning. In addition, the acquisition would enable Corning to continue to improve its strategic balance by strengthening its Life Sciences segment.
Jean Gosselin, president and CEO, Plaslab S.A.S. and Plastiques Gosselin, would remain with the business in a similar capacity.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning ... more
- 1Endress+Hauser Completes Takeover of Analytik Jena
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Laboratory of the future at analytica in Munich in the present
- 4The latest technologies in food and plastics analysis, bioanalysis and genetic analysis
- 5SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 6Determination of NOx-Emissions - VDI Guidline 2456
- 7GRACE ACQUIRES ALLTECH
- 8MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 9PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 10Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- Scientists uncover how a cell's 'fuel gauge' promotes healthy development
- Scientists identify genes that control smooth muscle contraction
- Cellphone principles help microfluidic chip digitize information on living cells
- New technique could improve detection of concealed nuclear materials
- Life-preserver microbubbles float tumor cells for analysis