Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning to Acquire Plaslab S.A.S.Acquisition to add sampling, testing, and analysis consumables to its life sciences product portfolio
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached an agreement with the shareholders of Plaslab S.A.S. to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. Assuming certain closing conditions are met, the acquisition is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Plaslab is a French simplified joint stock company and the holding company of Plastiques Gosselin S.A.S. Headquartered in Borre, France, Plastiques Gosselin is a manufacturer and distributor of high-quality plastic consumable labware in Europe. Plastiques Gosselin would be integrated into Corning's Life Sciences segment.
By providing customers outside Europe with greater access to Plastiques Gosselin's product portfolio, this acquisition would support Corning's ongoing commitment to supply its customers with a comprehensive line of laboratory research tools. Plastiques Gosselin's wide array of sampling, testing, and analysis products (including Petri dishes, bottles, containers, tubes, bags, and accessories) are complementary to the general labware, cell culture, lab equipment, and HTS/Assay products offered today by Corning. In addition, the acquisition would enable Corning to continue to improve its strategic balance by strengthening its Life Sciences segment.
Jean Gosselin, president and CEO, Plaslab S.A.S. and Plastiques Gosselin, would remain with the business in a similar capacity.
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 10Team harnesses intense X-ray beam, observes unusual phenomenon for the first time
- Smaller is better for nanotube analysis
- Milestone single-biomolecule imaging technique may advance drug design
- New precise particle measurement improves subatomic tool for probing mysteries of universe
- Prototype lab in a needle could make real-time, mobile laboratory testing a reality
- Merck and Pfizer Collaborate with Dako