Sartorius increased its sales revenue and earnings in the first quarter of 2017 by double digits. "Both divisions successfully started off the current year. Lab Products & Services achieved considerable organic growth, and with the acquisition of Essen BioScience, it added another innovativ ... more
Sartorius expands portfolio for process analyticsAlliance with Berlin-based technology company Schmidt + Haensch in the field of refractometry
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products.
Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for lab applications at this year’s analytica in Munich, Germany. In a second phase, Sartorius will also offer sensors and equipment for in-line process analytics. In addition to high-quality laboratory refractometers, continuous in-line process monitoring equipment permits the direct control of the manufacturing process.
Refractometry is an ideal addition to the Sartorius product range for monitoring and control of critical parameters, especially in food production. “As manufacturers work in compliance with strict regulatory requirements and, on top of this, are under high cost pressure, it is becoming more and more important for them to be able to measure process-critical parameters, such as sugar or fat content and dry substance, quickly and precisely and to control these parameters directly in their processes. By knowing these values, manufacturers are able to control their processes much more cost-efficiently and reliably. Schmidt + Haensch equipment is a perfect fit for our marketing strategy of operating as a total solution provider for quality assurance in the food and pharmaceutical industries,” commented Reinhard Vogt, Executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Service at Sartorius.
Schmidt + Haensch will benefit from the global sales, distribution and marketing structures provided by Sartorius and from the latter’s long-standing contacts with customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries. “We believe that with Sartorius, we have found an ideal sales partner for the growing market of laboratory and process refractometry. Thanks to its global sales network, Sartorius is excellently positioned to present our high-quality, quantitative measurement equipment for quality and process analytics, refractometry, to a wide customer base,” said Mathis Kuchejda, the chief executive of Schmidt + Haensch.
Sartorius acquired through its subgroup Sartorius Stedim Biotech the company MKS Instruments AB (Umetrics) based in Malmö, Sweden. Umetrics is a leading specialist in data analytics software for modeling and optimizing biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing processes. Umetrics has ... more
The Supervisory Board of Sartorius AG approved the Executive Board’s recommendation to submit a proposal to the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting on April 6, 2017, to raise dividends to 0.46 euros per preference share and to 0.45 per ordinary share. Prior-year dividends, adjusted by the stock sp ... more
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products. Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for ... more
- 1Diamond detectors for CERN
- 2We are much more unique than assumed
- 3New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 4PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 5LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 6Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 7Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers
- 8Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 9New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- Agilent Technologies Receives Multiple Awards at Scientific Conference in China
- Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing to ...
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocula ...
- Zika virus test receives FDA emergency use authorization
- Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- We are much more unique than assumed
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion