Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) acquired the Scottish company BioOutsource Ltd. The privately owned company based in Glasgow, UK, has been operating in the biotechnology market since 2007, and in the last twelve months earned revenue of around 9 million euros with approx. 85 employees. The c ... more
Sartorius expands portfolio for process analyticsAlliance with Berlin-based technology company Schmidt + Haensch in the field of refractometry
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products.
Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for lab applications at this year’s analytica in Munich, Germany. In a second phase, Sartorius will also offer sensors and equipment for in-line process analytics. In addition to high-quality laboratory refractometers, continuous in-line process monitoring equipment permits the direct control of the manufacturing process.
Refractometry is an ideal addition to the Sartorius product range for monitoring and control of critical parameters, especially in food production. “As manufacturers work in compliance with strict regulatory requirements and, on top of this, are under high cost pressure, it is becoming more and more important for them to be able to measure process-critical parameters, such as sugar or fat content and dry substance, quickly and precisely and to control these parameters directly in their processes. By knowing these values, manufacturers are able to control their processes much more cost-efficiently and reliably. Schmidt + Haensch equipment is a perfect fit for our marketing strategy of operating as a total solution provider for quality assurance in the food and pharmaceutical industries,” commented Reinhard Vogt, Executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Service at Sartorius.
Schmidt + Haensch will benefit from the global sales, distribution and marketing structures provided by Sartorius and from the latter’s long-standing contacts with customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries. “We believe that with Sartorius, we have found an ideal sales partner for the growing market of laboratory and process refractometry. Thanks to its global sales network, Sartorius is excellently positioned to present our high-quality, quantitative measurement equipment for quality and process analytics, refractometry, to a wide customer base,” said Mathis Kuchejda, the chief executive of Schmidt + Haensch.
Sartorius started off fiscal 2015 with substantial double-digit gains in order intake, sales revenue and earnings. Group order intake rose 13.1%, excluding currency effects; this reported figure surged 22.7%. Sales climbed 17.2% in constant currencies; the reported figure, 27.0%. Operating ... more
Sartorius Stedim Biotech has entered into a global development cooperation agreement with the flow measurement company em-tec. This highly specialized firm provides non-invasive flow engineering solutions for blood vessels and flexible tubing. Such technology designed by em-tec is used in t ... more
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products. Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 4Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- New test could identify resistant tuberculosis faster
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food b ...
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- DPZ-Researchers develop suitcase laboratory for rapid detection of the Ebola ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test