Sartorius Stedim Biotech (SSB) announced that it has signed a contract to acquire the majority stake in the U.S. start-up AllPure Technologies LLC. The privately owned company based in New Oxford, Pennsylvania, USA, has been operating on the market for four years, and in 2013 earned revenue ... more
Sartorius expands portfolio for process analytics
Alliance with Berlin-based technology company Schmidt + Haensch in the field of refractometry
06-07-2010: Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products.
Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for lab applications at this year’s analytica in Munich, Germany. In a second phase, Sartorius will also offer sensors and equipment for in-line process analytics. In addition to high-quality laboratory refractometers, continuous in-line process monitoring equipment permits the direct control of the manufacturing process.
Refractometry is an ideal addition to the Sartorius product range for monitoring and control of critical parameters, especially in food production. “As manufacturers work in compliance with strict regulatory requirements and, on top of this, are under high cost pressure, it is becoming more and more important for them to be able to measure process-critical parameters, such as sugar or fat content and dry substance, quickly and precisely and to control these parameters directly in their processes. By knowing these values, manufacturers are able to control their processes much more cost-efficiently and reliably. Schmidt + Haensch equipment is a perfect fit for our marketing strategy of operating as a total solution provider for quality assurance in the food and pharmaceutical industries,” commented Reinhard Vogt, Executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Service at Sartorius.
Schmidt + Haensch will benefit from the global sales, distribution and marketing structures provided by Sartorius and from the latter’s long-standing contacts with customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries. “We believe that with Sartorius, we have found an ideal sales partner for the growing market of laboratory and process refractometry. Thanks to its global sales network, Sartorius is excellently positioned to present our high-quality, quantitative measurement equipment for quality and process analytics, refractometry, to a wide customer base,” said Mathis Kuchejda, the chief executive of Schmidt + Haensch.
The Sartorius Group closed fiscal 2013 with significant gains in sales revenue and earnings. At the annual press conference in Goettingen, Group CEO Dr. Joachim Kreuzburg emphasized that the company not only achieved all financial targets, but also has successfully moved forward with its Sa ... more
Effective April 1, 2014, Michael Melingo will head marketing, sales and services of the Lab Products & Services Division at Sartorius. He will therefore succeed Dominique Baly, who will retire from the company as planned after reaching retirement age. Michael Melingo will report to CEO and ... more
Increase your efficiency with integrated application programs and obtain high accuracy with the built-in automatic adjustment function more
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products. Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for ... more
- 1Nano-sized chip "sniffs out" explosives far better than trained dogs
- 2Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 5Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 6Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- 7SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- 8Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before
- 9Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- 10DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- New Filter Technology – Uses Inert Gas to Bore Holes in High-Quality Steel
- QIAGEN adds promising genomic biomarkers to pipeline
- A Toxic-Free Alternative: Rigorous Assay of Chloride and Sulfate in Adenosine
- Studies Validate EKF Diagnostics’ Early Stage Test for Progressive Diabetic ...
- Evotec receives first milestone in Roche biomarker collaboration