Sartorius Stedim Biotech has entered into a global development cooperation agreement with the flow measurement company em-tec. This highly specialized firm provides non-invasive flow engineering solutions for blood vessels and flexible tubing. Such technology designed by em-tec is used in t ... more
Sartorius expands portfolio for process analyticsAlliance with Berlin-based technology company Schmidt + Haensch in the field of refractometry
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products.
Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for lab applications at this year’s analytica in Munich, Germany. In a second phase, Sartorius will also offer sensors and equipment for in-line process analytics. In addition to high-quality laboratory refractometers, continuous in-line process monitoring equipment permits the direct control of the manufacturing process.
Refractometry is an ideal addition to the Sartorius product range for monitoring and control of critical parameters, especially in food production. “As manufacturers work in compliance with strict regulatory requirements and, on top of this, are under high cost pressure, it is becoming more and more important for them to be able to measure process-critical parameters, such as sugar or fat content and dry substance, quickly and precisely and to control these parameters directly in their processes. By knowing these values, manufacturers are able to control their processes much more cost-efficiently and reliably. Schmidt + Haensch equipment is a perfect fit for our marketing strategy of operating as a total solution provider for quality assurance in the food and pharmaceutical industries,” commented Reinhard Vogt, Executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Service at Sartorius.
Schmidt + Haensch will benefit from the global sales, distribution and marketing structures provided by Sartorius and from the latter’s long-standing contacts with customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries. “We believe that with Sartorius, we have found an ideal sales partner for the growing market of laboratory and process refractometry. Thanks to its global sales network, Sartorius is excellently positioned to present our high-quality, quantitative measurement equipment for quality and process analytics, refractometry, to a wide customer base,” said Mathis Kuchejda, the chief executive of Schmidt + Haensch.
Sartorius closed fiscal 2014 with significant gains in sales revenue and earnings. At the annual press conference in Goettingen, Germany, CEO Dr. Joachim Kreuzburg stated that the Group had even slightly exceeded its financial targets and reached important milestones: "Our largest division, ... more
Sartorius successfully closed fiscal 2014 according to its preliminary figures, and even slightly exceeded its sales revenue and earnings targets. In addition, the Group is set to further sharpen its strategic profile based on the sale of its smallest division, Industrial Technologies, whic ... more
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products. Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 4Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 5MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 6Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 7SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 8Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 9Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- 10Endress+Hauser Supports Analytik Jena in Real Estate Acquisition
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food b ...
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- DPZ-Researchers develop suitcase laboratory for rapid detection of the Ebola ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- Measuring Skin Rejuvenescence
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- INTEGRA Biosciences Opens German Subsidiary
- Omics methods: Towards a better prediction of the effects of substances at very low doses
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement
- Frozen highly-charged ions for highest precision spectroscopy