With its new facility for the manufacture of laboratory instruments, Sartorius provides high-quality production conditions and an advanced, efficient work environment. The biopharmaceutical and laboratory equipment supplier officially opened its approximately 42-million-euro new building as ... more
Sartorius expands portfolio for process analyticsAlliance with Berlin-based technology company Schmidt + Haensch in the field of refractometry
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products.
Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for lab applications at this year’s analytica in Munich, Germany. In a second phase, Sartorius will also offer sensors and equipment for in-line process analytics. In addition to high-quality laboratory refractometers, continuous in-line process monitoring equipment permits the direct control of the manufacturing process.
Refractometry is an ideal addition to the Sartorius product range for monitoring and control of critical parameters, especially in food production. “As manufacturers work in compliance with strict regulatory requirements and, on top of this, are under high cost pressure, it is becoming more and more important for them to be able to measure process-critical parameters, such as sugar or fat content and dry substance, quickly and precisely and to control these parameters directly in their processes. By knowing these values, manufacturers are able to control their processes much more cost-efficiently and reliably. Schmidt + Haensch equipment is a perfect fit for our marketing strategy of operating as a total solution provider for quality assurance in the food and pharmaceutical industries,” commented Reinhard Vogt, Executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Service at Sartorius.
Schmidt + Haensch will benefit from the global sales, distribution and marketing structures provided by Sartorius and from the latter’s long-standing contacts with customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries. “We believe that with Sartorius, we have found an ideal sales partner for the growing market of laboratory and process refractometry. Thanks to its global sales network, Sartorius is excellently positioned to present our high-quality, quantitative measurement equipment for quality and process analytics, refractometry, to a wide customer base,” said Mathis Kuchejda, the chief executive of Schmidt + Haensch.
Sartorius increased its sales revenue and earnings in the first quarter of 2017 by double digits. "Both divisions successfully started off the current year. Lab Products & Services achieved considerable organic growth, and with the acquisition of Essen BioScience, it added another innovativ ... more
Sartorius acquired through its subgroup Sartorius Stedim Biotech the company MKS Instruments AB (Umetrics) based in Malmö, Sweden. Umetrics is a leading specialist in data analytics software for modeling and optimizing biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing processes. Umetrics has ... more
Sartorius has extended its portfolio of instruments for laboratory and process analytics. Sartorius will collaborate with the measurement technology firm Schmidt + Haensch, and add the latter’s refractometers to its line of products. Sartorius already unveiled its first refractometers for ... more
- 1Eurofins acquires LGC Forensics
- 2Mechanism involved in novel drug design with potential to treat tuberculosis
- 3New antibiotic resistance genes found
- 4Nanoscale virus features reconstructed from correlations of scattered X-rays
- 5Eurofins acquires food testing laboratory Institut Nehring
- 6Major breakthrough identifies new mechanism for the development of schizophrenia
- 7A detailed look at 2-D structure of turbulence in tokamaks
- 8Successful online marketing right from the start
- 9Pioneering discovery of an odor-detecting receptor enhancer
- 10Bacteria self-organize to build working sensors
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- Agilent Technologies Receives Multiple Awards at Scientific Conference in China
- Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing to ...
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocula ...
- Zika virus test receives FDA emergency use authorization