Merck KGaA announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Millipore Corporation, a leading Life Science company based in Billerica, Massachusetts, USA, for an aggregate purchase price including debt and cash of approximately EUR 5.2 billion (US$ 7.0 billion). Merck agreed to acqu ... more
Millipore Expands BioPharma CRO Services in Europe
Millipore Corporation has moved its European BioPharma Services unit to new, expanded facilities to accommodate strong growth in the biotechnology sector. The new facilities are located in Milton Park, near Didcot in Oxfordshire, England.
Millipore’s BioPharma Services unit is the first global contract research organization (CRO) dedicated exclusively to large molecule bioanalytical work. The unit arose from Millipore’s acquisition in August, 2009 of BioAnaLab, which specializes in the analysis of biopharmaceuticals and has been supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical industry for the past several years.
Geoff Hale, Managing Director of BioAnaLab said: “The new laboratory provides us with space to continue our growth as we expand the range of services we provide.” Craig Morley, Global Managing Director of Millipore’s BioPharma Services added: “"The new facility complements the outstanding facilities at our St. Charles site and is a significant milestone in our development as "The World's Large Molecule Lab."
- drug development
- contract research
Merck KGaA and Millipore Corporation announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Merck KGaA will acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of Millipore, for US$ 107 per share in cash, or a total transaction value, including net debt, of approximately € 5.3 ... more
Millipore Corporation announced the appointment of John Sweeney as Vice President of Millipore’s Life Science SBU. Most recently, Sweeney served as Vice President of Strategy and Marketing services for Millipore’s Bioscience Division. Sweeney joined Millipore in 2003 as Director of Strateg ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2We are much more unique than assumed
- 3PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 4Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 5LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 6New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 7State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 8Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 9New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 10New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- To be or not to be an academic: the question for all postdocs
- Epigenetic changes at birth could explain later behavior problems
- Nanotechnology reveals hidden depths of bacterial 'machines'