Merck KGaA announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Millipore Corporation, a leading Life Science company based in Billerica, Massachusetts, USA, for an aggregate purchase price including debt and cash of approximately EUR 5.2 billion (US$ 7.0 billion). Merck agreed to acqu ... more
Millipore Expands BioPharma CRO Services in Europe
Millipore Corporation has moved its European BioPharma Services unit to new, expanded facilities to accommodate strong growth in the biotechnology sector. The new facilities are located in Milton Park, near Didcot in Oxfordshire, England.
Millipore’s BioPharma Services unit is the first global contract research organization (CRO) dedicated exclusively to large molecule bioanalytical work. The unit arose from Millipore’s acquisition in August, 2009 of BioAnaLab, which specializes in the analysis of biopharmaceuticals and has been supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical industry for the past several years.
Geoff Hale, Managing Director of BioAnaLab said: “The new laboratory provides us with space to continue our growth as we expand the range of services we provide.” Craig Morley, Global Managing Director of Millipore’s BioPharma Services added: “"The new facility complements the outstanding facilities at our St. Charles site and is a significant milestone in our development as "The World's Large Molecule Lab."
- drug development
- contract research
Merck KGaA and Millipore Corporation announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Merck KGaA will acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of Millipore, for US$ 107 per share in cash, or a total transaction value, including net debt, of approximately € 5.3 ... more
- 1Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 2China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 3Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 4'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 5Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- 6The computer as microscope
- 7'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 8Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 9World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward