Merck KGaA announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Millipore Corporation, a leading Life Science company based in Billerica, Massachusetts, USA, for an aggregate purchase price including debt and cash of approximately EUR 5.2 billion (US$ 7.0 billion). Merck agreed to acqu ... more
Millipore Expands BioPharma CRO Services in Europe
Millipore Corporation has moved its European BioPharma Services unit to new, expanded facilities to accommodate strong growth in the biotechnology sector. The new facilities are located in Milton Park, near Didcot in Oxfordshire, England.
Millipore’s BioPharma Services unit is the first global contract research organization (CRO) dedicated exclusively to large molecule bioanalytical work. The unit arose from Millipore’s acquisition in August, 2009 of BioAnaLab, which specializes in the analysis of biopharmaceuticals and has been supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical industry for the past several years.
Geoff Hale, Managing Director of BioAnaLab said: “The new laboratory provides us with space to continue our growth as we expand the range of services we provide.” Craig Morley, Global Managing Director of Millipore’s BioPharma Services added: “"The new facility complements the outstanding facilities at our St. Charles site and is a significant milestone in our development as "The World's Large Molecule Lab."
- drug development
- contract research
Merck KGaA and Millipore Corporation announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Merck KGaA will acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of Millipore, for US$ 107 per share in cash, or a total transaction value, including net debt, of approximately € 5.3 ... more
- 1Imaging technique maps serotonin activity in living brains
- 2The gene of autumn colors
- 3Precision medicine test helps guide breast cancer patients' chemotherapy decision
- 4Sartorius Continues to Grow by Strong Double Digits
- 5DNA damage response protein
- 6Agendia expands its business activities in Germany
- Jellyfish help scientists to fight food fraud
- Energy hijacking pathway found within photosynthesis
- Small droplets feel the vibe
- Full-length genome sequencing of Zika from a patient could help unlock the virus’s secrets
- Scientists discover how insect-borne viruses ‘suppress’ the immune system to cause disease