Merck KGaA announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Millipore Corporation, a leading Life Science company based in Billerica, Massachusetts, USA, for an aggregate purchase price including debt and cash of approximately EUR 5.2 billion (US$ 7.0 billion). Merck agreed to acqu ... more
Millipore Expands BioPharma CRO Services in Europe
Millipore Corporation has moved its European BioPharma Services unit to new, expanded facilities to accommodate strong growth in the biotechnology sector. The new facilities are located in Milton Park, near Didcot in Oxfordshire, England.
Millipore’s BioPharma Services unit is the first global contract research organization (CRO) dedicated exclusively to large molecule bioanalytical work. The unit arose from Millipore’s acquisition in August, 2009 of BioAnaLab, which specializes in the analysis of biopharmaceuticals and has been supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical industry for the past several years.
Geoff Hale, Managing Director of BioAnaLab said: “The new laboratory provides us with space to continue our growth as we expand the range of services we provide.” Craig Morley, Global Managing Director of Millipore’s BioPharma Services added: “"The new facility complements the outstanding facilities at our St. Charles site and is a significant milestone in our development as "The World's Large Molecule Lab."
- drug development
- contract research
Merck KGaA and Millipore Corporation announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Merck KGaA will acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of Millipore, for US$ 107 per share in cash, or a total transaction value, including net debt, of approximately € 5.3 ... more
- 1Ulrich Krauss to succeed Analytik Jena founder Klaus Berka as CEO
- 2A mobile device developed by VTT detects irregular heartbeats
- 3The architecture of odor perception
- 4When the brain is high and dry
- 5Merck announces 2016 recipients of € 1 Million grant for Multiple Sclerosis Innovation
- 6Thermo Fisher Scientific completes acquisition of FEI Company
- 7Single crystal measures radioactivity
- 8Cellular Mechanism Provides Explanation Model for Declining Memory Performance in Alzheimer's Disease