The Bayer Group continued its positive business momentum in the third quarter of 2013, with substantial contributions from the Life Science businesses HealthCare and CropScience. "HealthCare registered encouraging growth, largely due to the outstanding sales performance for our new pharmace ... more
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS and Lonza cooperate in the microreactor technology
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (EMB), a Bayer Technology Services company, and Lonza signed a worldwide manufacturing and distribution license agreement together with a cooperation and development agreement on the Lonza microreactor technology. Under the terms of the agreements, EMB will acquire a license from Lonza on two key products: the Lonza Development Microreactor (process development) and the Lonza Advanced Production Microreactors (manufacturing). As a result, EMB will become the exclusive worldwide manufacturer, vendor, and distributor of Lonza microreactors. Lonza microreactors are the most advanced reactor technology for numerous chemical syntheses based on micro-structured devices. Lonza and EMB also agree to further develop the product via the cooperation and development agreement.
“Both agreements are strategic for Lonza as they will broaden the base of users to freely utilize this cutting-edge reactor technology to develop the greener and sustainable processes of tomorrow”, says Dominique Roberge, Head of Microreactor Technology Business Development. “We are excited to continue to develop the Microreactor Technology and to strengthen the leading position of Lonza in this field”.
“This cooperation is an excellent strategic fit for us to extend our outstanding microreaction technology portfolio with proven technology and know-how to serve our customers world wide,” says Dr. Olaf Stange Managing Director of EMB. “Together with Lonza and our key experts at Bayer Technology Services we are looking forward to becoming the leading supplier and consultant in the field of microreaction technology.”
- process development
- license agreements
- Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS
The Bayer Group achieved strong growth in its Life Sciences businesses in the second quarter of 2013. "At HealthCare, the launches of new pharmaceutical products are progressing considerably better than expected. And CropScience maintained its gratifying business development in a positive m ... more
Protagen AG and Bayer Schering Pharma AG announced the closing of a cooperation contract for discovery of novel biomarkers in Endometriosis. Endometriosis is a debilitating gynecological medical condition occuring in roughly 5% -10% of women worldwide. The golden standard of diagnosis is c ... more
Lonza Bioscience Singapore Pte Ltd announced that they have received cGMP certification from the Singapore Health Sciences Authority (HSA). The audit/conformity assessment, performed by the HSA, confirmed that Lonza Singapore has maintained an overall acceptable level of compliance with the ... more
Lonza and Index Ventures, LLP announced an exclusive agreement for process development and cGMP production for all biological products in the portfolio of companies where Index is the major investor. Over the course of the agreement, additional development and manufacturing projects will be ... more
In the third quarter 2013, Lonza’s business performance remained on track as anticipated. The Specialty Ingredients market segment delivered a good performance despite a continued weak recreational water market. The Pharma&Biotech market segment delivered as expected. Strong cost controls a ... more
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (EMB), a Bayer Technology Services company, and Lonza signed a worldwide manufacturing and distribution license agreement together with a cooperation and development agreement on the Lonza microreactor technology. Under the terms of the agreements, EMB will acquire ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2We are much more unique than assumed
- 3PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 4Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 5LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 6New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 7State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 8Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 9New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 10New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- DKSH extends partnership with LAUDA to Singapore and Taiwan
- Prestigious grant for imaging single molecules
- QIAGEN joins CANCER-ID consortium for liquid biopsy workflows
- University of Illinois announces new partnership with ZEISS labs@location pr ...