The Bayer Group continued its positive business momentum in the third quarter of 2013, with substantial contributions from the Life Science businesses HealthCare and CropScience. "HealthCare registered encouraging growth, largely due to the outstanding sales performance for our new pharmace ... more
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS and Lonza cooperate in the microreactor technology
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (EMB), a Bayer Technology Services company, and Lonza signed a worldwide manufacturing and distribution license agreement together with a cooperation and development agreement on the Lonza microreactor technology. Under the terms of the agreements, EMB will acquire a license from Lonza on two key products: the Lonza Development Microreactor (process development) and the Lonza Advanced Production Microreactors (manufacturing). As a result, EMB will become the exclusive worldwide manufacturer, vendor, and distributor of Lonza microreactors. Lonza microreactors are the most advanced reactor technology for numerous chemical syntheses based on micro-structured devices. Lonza and EMB also agree to further develop the product via the cooperation and development agreement.
“Both agreements are strategic for Lonza as they will broaden the base of users to freely utilize this cutting-edge reactor technology to develop the greener and sustainable processes of tomorrow”, says Dominique Roberge, Head of Microreactor Technology Business Development. “We are excited to continue to develop the Microreactor Technology and to strengthen the leading position of Lonza in this field”.
“This cooperation is an excellent strategic fit for us to extend our outstanding microreaction technology portfolio with proven technology and know-how to serve our customers world wide,” says Dr. Olaf Stange Managing Director of EMB. “Together with Lonza and our key experts at Bayer Technology Services we are looking forward to becoming the leading supplier and consultant in the field of microreaction technology.”
- process development
- license agreements
- Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS
The Bayer Group achieved strong growth in its Life Sciences businesses in the second quarter of 2013. "At HealthCare, the launches of new pharmaceutical products are progressing considerably better than expected. And CropScience maintained its gratifying business development in a positive m ... more
Protagen AG and Bayer Schering Pharma AG announced the closing of a cooperation contract for discovery of novel biomarkers in Endometriosis. Endometriosis is a debilitating gynecological medical condition occuring in roughly 5% -10% of women worldwide. The golden standard of diagnosis is c ... more
Lonza Bioscience Singapore Pte Ltd announced that they have received cGMP certification from the Singapore Health Sciences Authority (HSA). The audit/conformity assessment, performed by the HSA, confirmed that Lonza Singapore has maintained an overall acceptable level of compliance with the ... more
Lonza and Index Ventures, LLP announced an exclusive agreement for process development and cGMP production for all biological products in the portfolio of companies where Index is the major investor. Over the course of the agreement, additional development and manufacturing projects will be ... more
In the third quarter 2013, Lonza’s business performance remained on track as anticipated. The Specialty Ingredients market segment delivered a good performance despite a continued weak recreational water market. The Pharma&Biotech market segment delivered as expected. Strong cost controls a ... more
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (EMB), a Bayer Technology Services company, and Lonza signed a worldwide manufacturing and distribution license agreement together with a cooperation and development agreement on the Lonza microreactor technology. Under the terms of the agreements, EMB will acquire ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 7Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 8MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 9Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 10Birth of photo-sensitive magnets
- Merck and Pfizer Collaborate with Dako
- Biocartis and Fast-track diagnostics sign strategic collaboration in infecti ...
- QIAGEN partners with sequencing provider
- Agilent Technologies and Scion Instruments Agree to Enable Each Other’s Inst ...
- Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood ...
- New method will enable most accurate neutron measurement yet
- Rosetta’s mass spectrometer ROSINA detected argon at comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko
- A graphene-based sensor that is tunable and highly sensitive
- High-performance microscope displays pores in the cell nucleus with greater precision
- New composite material as CO2 sensor