The Bayer Group continued its positive business momentum in the third quarter of 2013, with substantial contributions from the Life Science businesses HealthCare and CropScience. "HealthCare registered encouraging growth, largely due to the outstanding sales performance for our new pharmace ... more
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS and Lonza cooperate in the microreactor technology
23-02-2010: Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (EMB), a Bayer Technology Services company, and Lonza signed a worldwide manufacturing and distribution license agreement together with a cooperation and development agreement on the Lonza microreactor technology. Under the terms of the agreements, EMB will acquire a license from Lonza on two key products: the Lonza Development Microreactor (process development) and the Lonza Advanced Production Microreactors (manufacturing). As a result, EMB will become the exclusive worldwide manufacturer, vendor, and distributor of Lonza microreactors. Lonza microreactors are the most advanced reactor technology for numerous chemical syntheses based on micro-structured devices. Lonza and EMB also agree to further develop the product via the cooperation and development agreement.
“Both agreements are strategic for Lonza as they will broaden the base of users to freely utilize this cutting-edge reactor technology to develop the greener and sustainable processes of tomorrow”, says Dominique Roberge, Head of Microreactor Technology Business Development. “We are excited to continue to develop the Microreactor Technology and to strengthen the leading position of Lonza in this field”.
“This cooperation is an excellent strategic fit for us to extend our outstanding microreaction technology portfolio with proven technology and know-how to serve our customers world wide,” says Dr. Olaf Stange Managing Director of EMB. “Together with Lonza and our key experts at Bayer Technology Services we are looking forward to becoming the leading supplier and consultant in the field of microreaction technology.”
The Bayer Group achieved strong growth in its Life Sciences businesses in the second quarter of 2013. "At HealthCare, the launches of new pharmaceutical products are progressing considerably better than expected. And CropScience maintained its gratifying business development in a positive m ... more
Protagen AG and Bayer Schering Pharma AG announced the closing of a cooperation contract for discovery of novel biomarkers in Endometriosis. Endometriosis is a debilitating gynecological medical condition occuring in roughly 5% -10% of women worldwide. The golden standard of diagnosis is c ... more
Lonza Bioscience Singapore Pte Ltd announced that they have received cGMP certification from the Singapore Health Sciences Authority (HSA). The audit/conformity assessment, performed by the HSA, confirmed that Lonza Singapore has maintained an overall acceptable level of compliance with the ... more
Lonza and Index Ventures, LLP announced an exclusive agreement for process development and cGMP production for all biological products in the portfolio of companies where Index is the major investor. Over the course of the agreement, additional development and manufacturing projects will be ... more
In the third quarter 2013, Lonza’s business performance remained on track as anticipated. The Specialty Ingredients market segment delivered a good performance despite a continued weak recreational water market. The Pharma&Biotech market segment delivered as expected. Strong cost controls a ... more
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. We harness science and technology to create products that support safer and healthier living and that enhance the overall quality of life. The company generated s ... more
Ehrfeld Mikrotechnik BTS (EMB), a Bayer Technology Services company, and Lonza signed a worldwide manufacturing and distribution license agreement together with a cooperation and development agreement on the Lonza microreactor technology. Under the terms of the agreements, EMB will acquire ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- 3QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
- 4LGC rebrands reference standards
- 5Towards future lab-on-chip applications
- 6Failed Alzheimer’s test shows in which direction the research should continue
- 7Renishaw receives Queen's Award for spectroscopy developments
- 8The shadow of a disease
- 9Expansion of the WALDNER Group
- 10LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- BRAIN and WeissBioTech join forces
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of- ...
- QIAGEN announces broad agreement with Astellas Pharma to develop companion d ...
- Yale University and Leica Microsystems Partner to Establish Microscopy Cente ...
- Making sure antibiotics work as they should
- Mice and men share a diabetes gene
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before