Swiss measurement and automation engineering specialist Endress+Hauser has completed the takeover of analytical instrumentation provider Analytik Jena. The remaining minority shares of Analytik Jena were legally transferred to Endress+Hauser on 30 March 2016 following the entry of the trans ... more
Endress+Hauser expands production in India
Endress+Hauser celebrated the inauguration of new production facilities for flow measurement and level and pressure measurement engineering equipment in India. The company has invested a total of 19 million euros in land, buildings and machinery at the Aurangabad site.
The new 6 million euro premises of Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co. KG are divided into three buildings, with a total of 5,000 square meters of floor space for the production of level and pressure measurement instruments as well as logistics and administration. "Our new production facilities enable us to serve our customers in India and throughout the whole of East Asia even faster, better and more flexibly,” declared Matthias Altendorf, Managing Director of Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co. KG in Maulburg, Germany. "In this way we can safeguard our future growth, learn faster from the markets we supply and at the same time strengthen the position of our Maulburg plant.”
Immediately next door, Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG has invested 13 million euros in the extension of their production facilities for flow measurement engineering. The production facilities, built in 1999, have been expanded by 11,400 square meters and now cover a total of 14,500 square meters. "In the past few years the Indian market has grown at a rapid pace,” emphasized Dr Gerhard Jost, Managing Director of Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG in Reinach, Switzerland. "With the expanded capacity, we are now ideally equipped to meet future developments. In addition, our plant houses the most precise flowmeter calibration facility in India - calibrations are a central feature of our customer services.”
"With the new plant in Aurangabad, we are driving the strategic development of our company forwards and ensuring our sustainable success,” explained Klaus Endress, CEO of the Endress+Hauser Group. "Through our local production facilities we can avoid long distances and exchange rate risks, as well as high transport and customs costs and expand our worldwide production and logistics network,” the CEO continued. At these associated production centers custom-made instruments are manufactured, tested and calibrated in line with local standards. Core components, such as sensor technology and electronics, are supplied by Endress+Hauser's European plants, whilst bulky parts such as stainless steel pipes, rods and flanges are procured locally.
In addition to the Indian market, Aurangabad also directly supplies the markets of Australia, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Japan. Expansion into other countries in the Southeast Asian region and the Middle East is planned for the future.
- flow measurement
- South Africa
Analytik Jena AG has established a branch office on the premises of Endress+Hauser at the Reinach site near Basel in Switzerland. “This step is part of our strategy to further expand our international sales structure and to establish our own organization and direct sales wherever tangible g ... more
The Endress+Hauser Group aims for the complete takeover of German company Analytik Jena AG. The Group is also interested in buying shares. "We are still prepared to acquire shares at a reasonable price,” announced Dr Heiner Zehntner, Legal Counsel and member of the Executive Board of the En ... more
- 1Endress+Hauser Completes Takeover of Analytik Jena
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Laboratory of the future at analytica in Munich in the present
- 4The latest technologies in food and plastics analysis, bioanalysis and genetic analysis
- 5SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 6GRACE ACQUIRES ALLTECH
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9Determination of NOx-Emissions - VDI Guidline 2456
- 10Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- Quick clean-up: New process turns decades into hours for mining-water purifi ...
- Industrial chromatography and reverse osmosis optimize amino acid fermentati ...
- Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pak ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Eurofins MWG Operon launches SmartSeq
- Analytik Jena Establishes Subsidiary in India
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs for laboratory technology
- Evotec to realign Discovery Chemistry Operations
- Frost & Sullivan: Automation will represent the next step for biobanks
- Ocean Optics Expands Indian Operations by Appointing India Sales Manager