Endress+Hauser celebrated the inauguration of new production facilities for flow measurement and level and pressure measurement engineering equipment in India. The company has invested a total of 19 million euros in land, buildings and machinery at the Aurangabad site. The new 6 million eu ... more
Endress+Hauser expands production in India
11-02-2010: Endress+Hauser celebrated the inauguration of new production facilities for flow measurement and level and pressure measurement engineering equipment in India. The company has invested a total of 19 million euros in land, buildings and machinery at the Aurangabad site.
The new 6 million euro premises of Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co. KG are divided into three buildings, with a total of 5,000 square meters of floor space for the production of level and pressure measurement instruments as well as logistics and administration. "Our new production facilities enable us to serve our customers in India and throughout the whole of East Asia even faster, better and more flexibly,” declared Matthias Altendorf, Managing Director of Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co. KG in Maulburg, Germany. "In this way we can safeguard our future growth, learn faster from the markets we supply and at the same time strengthen the position of our Maulburg plant.”
Immediately next door, Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG has invested 13 million euros in the extension of their production facilities for flow measurement engineering. The production facilities, built in 1999, have been expanded by 11,400 square meters and now cover a total of 14,500 square meters. "In the past few years the Indian market has grown at a rapid pace,” emphasized Dr Gerhard Jost, Managing Director of Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG in Reinach, Switzerland. "With the expanded capacity, we are now ideally equipped to meet future developments. In addition, our plant houses the most precise flowmeter calibration facility in India - calibrations are a central feature of our customer services.”
"With the new plant in Aurangabad, we are driving the strategic development of our company forwards and ensuring our sustainable success,” explained Klaus Endress, CEO of the Endress+Hauser Group. "Through our local production facilities we can avoid long distances and exchange rate risks, as well as high transport and customs costs and expand our worldwide production and logistics network,” the CEO continued. At these associated production centers custom-made instruments are manufactured, tested and calibrated in line with local standards. Core components, such as sensor technology and electronics, are supplied by Endress+Hauser's European plants, whilst bulky parts such as stainless steel pipes, rods and flanges are procured locally.
In addition to the Indian market, Aurangabad also directly supplies the markets of Australia, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Japan. Expansion into other countries in the Southeast Asian region and the Middle East is planned for the future.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 3analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 8Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 9Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 10Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- Frost & Sullivan: Automation will represent the next step for biobanks
- Ocean Optics Expands Indian Operations by Appointing India Sales Manager
- Carl Zeiss Opens New Assembly and Demo Center in India
- Piramal Healthcare Limited Acquires Molecular Imaging Development Portfolio of Bayer Pharma
- Final report: analytica Anacon India shows increase in all areas