Analytik Jena AG has purchased the entire rented and owner-occupied real estate complex at their corporate headquarters in Jena. The real estate in the Jena-Göschwitz industrial estate comprises multiple modern new-builds as well as a renovated old building from the former Carl Zeiss Jena c ... more
Endress+Hauser expands production in India
Endress+Hauser celebrated the inauguration of new production facilities for flow measurement and level and pressure measurement engineering equipment in India. The company has invested a total of 19 million euros in land, buildings and machinery at the Aurangabad site.
The new 6 million euro premises of Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co. KG are divided into three buildings, with a total of 5,000 square meters of floor space for the production of level and pressure measurement instruments as well as logistics and administration. "Our new production facilities enable us to serve our customers in India and throughout the whole of East Asia even faster, better and more flexibly,” declared Matthias Altendorf, Managing Director of Endress+Hauser GmbH+Co. KG in Maulburg, Germany. "In this way we can safeguard our future growth, learn faster from the markets we supply and at the same time strengthen the position of our Maulburg plant.”
Immediately next door, Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG has invested 13 million euros in the extension of their production facilities for flow measurement engineering. The production facilities, built in 1999, have been expanded by 11,400 square meters and now cover a total of 14,500 square meters. "In the past few years the Indian market has grown at a rapid pace,” emphasized Dr Gerhard Jost, Managing Director of Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG in Reinach, Switzerland. "With the expanded capacity, we are now ideally equipped to meet future developments. In addition, our plant houses the most precise flowmeter calibration facility in India - calibrations are a central feature of our customer services.”
"With the new plant in Aurangabad, we are driving the strategic development of our company forwards and ensuring our sustainable success,” explained Klaus Endress, CEO of the Endress+Hauser Group. "Through our local production facilities we can avoid long distances and exchange rate risks, as well as high transport and customs costs and expand our worldwide production and logistics network,” the CEO continued. At these associated production centers custom-made instruments are manufactured, tested and calibrated in line with local standards. Core components, such as sensor technology and electronics, are supplied by Endress+Hauser's European plants, whilst bulky parts such as stainless steel pipes, rods and flanges are procured locally.
In addition to the Indian market, Aurangabad also directly supplies the markets of Australia, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Japan. Expansion into other countries in the Southeast Asian region and the Middle East is planned for the future.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 4Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 5MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 6Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 7SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 8Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 9Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- 10Endress+Hauser Supports Analytik Jena in Real Estate Acquisition
- Analytik Jena Establishes Subsidiary in India
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs for laboratory technology
- Evotec to realign Discovery Chemistry Operations
- Frost & Sullivan: Automation will represent the next step for biobanks
- Ocean Optics Expands Indian Operations by Appointing India Sales Manager