Prof. Manojkumar Puthenveedu of Carnegie Mellon University studies the mechanisms by which membrane trafficking controls and co-ordinates the complex signalling pathways in the brain. Despite the fact that almost all diseases can be traced to a defect in how cells respond to signals, little ... more
Andor Technology plc acquires Bitplane AG
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging, Bitplane actively shapes the way scientists process microscope imagery.
The existing management and employees will remain with the business which will continue to trade as Bitplane following completion.
Dr Marius Messerli, founder of Bitplane added: “We are delighted to be joining Andor. We believe that the market for advanced image processing is underexploited and as part of a larger organization Andor brings the capacity and systems knowledge to further develop both our customer base and our technology roadmap.”
Andor Technology plc announced that it acquired Saint Charles, Illinois-based Photonic Instruments Inc. (Photonic). Photonic is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of laser and lamp based illumination and ablation systems. Commenting on the acquisition, Conor Walsh, Chief Executive, s ... more
Andor Technology plc announced a new worldwide competition rewarding visually stunning and scientifically captivating images, spectra, graphics and movies. The Andor Insight Awards are open to entries generated through the use of Andor equipment regardless of technique or application and ... more
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging ... more
- 1Sartorius starts off 2017 with double-digit growth
- 2Chip-based nanoscopy: Microscopy in HD quality
- 3Pharmacoscpy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- 4Eppendorf continues on course for success
- 5Prestigious grant for imaging single molecules
- 6Barley Genome Sequenced
- 7Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing together in KSK Diagnostics GmbH
- analytica Vietnam on a growth course
- Eurofins acquires environmental testing laboratory business of Ramboll Group ...
- Sartorius acquires software company Umetrics and
- Signaling Continued Investment in China, Bruker Open Beijing Center of Excel ...
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocula ...
- Cracking the code of Huntington's disease
- New optical nanosensor improves brain mapping accuracy, opens way for more applications
- Molecular structure of the cell nucleoskeleton revealed for the first time
- Screening the most useful nanoparticles for medicine
- Tecan appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business division