Prof. Manojkumar Puthenveedu of Carnegie Mellon University studies the mechanisms by which membrane trafficking controls and co-ordinates the complex signalling pathways in the brain. Despite the fact that almost all diseases can be traced to a defect in how cells respond to signals, little ... more
Andor Technology plc acquires Bitplane AG
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging, Bitplane actively shapes the way scientists process microscope imagery.
The existing management and employees will remain with the business which will continue to trade as Bitplane following completion.
Dr Marius Messerli, founder of Bitplane added: “We are delighted to be joining Andor. We believe that the market for advanced image processing is underexploited and as part of a larger organization Andor brings the capacity and systems knowledge to further develop both our customer base and our technology roadmap.”
Andor Technology plc announced that it acquired Saint Charles, Illinois-based Photonic Instruments Inc. (Photonic). Photonic is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of laser and lamp based illumination and ablation systems. Commenting on the acquisition, Conor Walsh, Chief Executive, s ... more
Andor Technology plc announced a new worldwide competition rewarding visually stunning and scientifically captivating images, spectra, graphics and movies. The Andor Insight Awards are open to entries generated through the use of Andor equipment regardless of technique or application and ... more
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 7Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.
- High-performance microscope displays pores in the cell nucleus with greater precision
- New composite material as CO2 sensor
- How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- DNA blood test detects lung cancer mutations
- Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership