Prof. Manojkumar Puthenveedu of Carnegie Mellon University studies the mechanisms by which membrane trafficking controls and co-ordinates the complex signalling pathways in the brain. Despite the fact that almost all diseases can be traced to a defect in how cells respond to signals, little ... more
Andor Technology plc acquires Bitplane AG
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging, Bitplane actively shapes the way scientists process microscope imagery.
The existing management and employees will remain with the business which will continue to trade as Bitplane following completion.
Dr Marius Messerli, founder of Bitplane added: “We are delighted to be joining Andor. We believe that the market for advanced image processing is underexploited and as part of a larger organization Andor brings the capacity and systems knowledge to further develop both our customer base and our technology roadmap.”
Andor Technology plc announced that it acquired Saint Charles, Illinois-based Photonic Instruments Inc. (Photonic). Photonic is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of laser and lamp based illumination and ablation systems. Commenting on the acquisition, Conor Walsh, Chief Executive, s ... more
Andor Technology plc announced a new worldwide competition rewarding visually stunning and scientifically captivating images, spectra, graphics and movies. The Andor Insight Awards are open to entries generated through the use of Andor equipment regardless of technique or application and ... more
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 4Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 7Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 8Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 9MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 10The shadow of a disease
- New method will enable most accurate neutron measurement yet
- Rosetta’s mass spectrometer ROSINA detected argon at comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko
- A graphene-based sensor that is tunable and highly sensitive
- High-performance microscope displays pores in the cell nucleus with greater precision
- New composite material as CO2 sensor