Prof. Manojkumar Puthenveedu of Carnegie Mellon University studies the mechanisms by which membrane trafficking controls and co-ordinates the complex signalling pathways in the brain. Despite the fact that almost all diseases can be traced to a defect in how cells respond to signals, little ... more
Andor Technology plc acquires Bitplane AG
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging, Bitplane actively shapes the way scientists process microscope imagery.
The existing management and employees will remain with the business which will continue to trade as Bitplane following completion.
Dr Marius Messerli, founder of Bitplane added: “We are delighted to be joining Andor. We believe that the market for advanced image processing is underexploited and as part of a larger organization Andor brings the capacity and systems knowledge to further develop both our customer base and our technology roadmap.”
Andor Technology plc announced that it acquired Saint Charles, Illinois-based Photonic Instruments Inc. (Photonic). Photonic is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of laser and lamp based illumination and ablation systems. Commenting on the acquisition, Conor Walsh, Chief Executive, s ... more
Andor Technology plc announced a new worldwide competition rewarding visually stunning and scientifically captivating images, spectra, graphics and movies. The Andor Insight Awards are open to entries generated through the use of Andor equipment regardless of technique or application and ... more
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging ... more
- 1PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors
- 2Nanowires as Sensors in New Type of Atomic Force Microscope
- 3analytica Anacon India and India Lab Expo 2016 in the starting blocks
- 4Silver nanoparticle concentration too low to be harmful in water supply
- 5Cocoa compound linked to some cardiovascular biomarker improvements
- 6Jellyfish help scientists to fight food fraud
- analytica Anacon India and India Lab Expo 2016 in the starting blocks
- Phenomenex to be Acquired by Danaher Corporation
- Eurofins expands its clinical diagnostic footprint with the acquisition of M ...
- Agilent Technologies and Burning Rock sign agreement on molecular diagnostics
- Charles River Laboratories acquires Agilux Laboratories, Inc.