Prof. Manojkumar Puthenveedu of Carnegie Mellon University studies the mechanisms by which membrane trafficking controls and co-ordinates the complex signalling pathways in the brain. Despite the fact that almost all diseases can be traced to a defect in how cells respond to signals, little ... more
Andor Technology plc acquires Bitplane AG
05-01-2010: Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging, Bitplane actively shapes the way scientists process microscope imagery.
The existing management and employees will remain with the business which will continue to trade as Bitplane following completion.
Dr Marius Messerli, founder of Bitplane added: “We are delighted to be joining Andor. We believe that the market for advanced image processing is underexploited and as part of a larger organization Andor brings the capacity and systems knowledge to further develop both our customer base and our technology roadmap.”
Andor Technology plc announced that it acquired Saint Charles, Illinois-based Photonic Instruments Inc. (Photonic). Photonic is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of laser and lamp based illumination and ablation systems. Commenting on the acquisition, Conor Walsh, Chief Executive, s ... more
Andor Technology plc announced a new worldwide competition rewarding visually stunning and scientifically captivating images, spectra, graphics and movies. The Andor Insight Awards are open to entries generated through the use of Andor equipment regardless of technique or application and ... more
Andor Technology plc announced that on 23 December 2009 it has acquired Bitplane AG based in Zurich, Switzerland. Bitplane is an interactive microscopy image analysis software company specializing in medical and life sciences. Through constant innovation and a clear focus on 3D & 4D imaging ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2LAUDA founds subsidiary in Italy
- 3LGC rebrands reference standards
- 4The shadow of a disease
- 5New microscope collects dynamic images of the molecules that animate life
- 6Carl Zeiss Grants Sublicense for LED Fluorescence Excitation to Prior Scientific Ltd.
- 7Towards future lab-on-chip applications
- 8Pathogens in foods: progress and challenges
- 9Sartorius Opens New Application Center in Shanghai
- 10Failed Alzheimer’s test shows in which direction the research should continue
- Making sure antibiotics work as they should
- Mice and men share a diabetes gene
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before