PerkinElmer, Inc., announced that OneSource®, a component of the Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services business, has entered into an agreement with global laboratory supply and distribution company VWR International, LLC, to develop a joint service offering. The combined solution pro ... more
PerkinElmer Acquires Analytica of Branford, Inc.
Investment Enhances Mass Spectrometry Portfolio & Expertise
15-05-2009: PerkinElmer, Inc. has acquired Analytica of Branford, Inc. The acquisition is an integral part of PerkinElmer's strategic commitment to continue to grow its human and environmental health portfolio. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
With the completion of this acquisition, PerkinElmer will gain significant insight and intellectual property in the field of MS and ion source technology.
"Mass spectrometry has proven to be an essential tool in many fields and will continue to be of critical importance. Bringing Analytica's technology and team of highly innovative experts in-house will dramatically increase our capabilities in this area," said Richard Begley, Ph.D., president, Analytical Sciences, PerkinElmer. "The acquisition of Analytica will allow us to offer our customers access to critical technologies such as time-of-flight and quadrupole mass spectrometers and new ion sources that provide more complete information as well as better throughput."
Analytica's advanced technology complements PerkinElmer's human and environmental health portfolio. For human health applications, mass spectrometry provides an extremely detailed profile of medically relevant materials in drug discovery and molecular diagnostics. This technology is also the cornerstone of environmental detection and analysis and industrial monitoring. Areas of applications include environmental analysis, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical materials analysis, forensics and food safety.
PerkinElmer will integrate Analytica's current manufacturing operations into its Shelton, CT facility, while utilizing Analytica's existing Branford facility for R&D projects. Craig Whitehouse, founder and former president of Analytica, will become an employee of PerkinElmer and oversee PerkinElmer's MS R&D operations.
PerkinElmer Inc. and Corning Incorporated announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement to advance the development of next-generation label-free detection technologies. The agreement will allow Corning and PerkinElmer to combine their expertise in optical label- ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc. has acquired Analytica of Branford, Inc. The acquisition is an integral part of PerkinElmer's strategic commitment to continue to grow its human and environmental health portfolio. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. With the completion of this acquisition, Perki ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Analytik Jena gains major contract in China
- Polyplus-transfection and the National Institute of Health sign a research l ...
- Altmann Analytik acquires lab supplier Dinkelberg analytics
- analytica 2014: New special exhibit for occupational health and safety
- CyBio AG delivers major contract to Boehringer Ingelheim